InParty("rh#Isra2") // Isra
InParty("Aerie") // Aerie
See(Player1)
!StateCheck("Aerie",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) // Aerie
!StateCheck("rh#Isra2",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) // Isra
!StateCheck(Player1,CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
CombatCounter(0)
!See([ENEMY])
Global("rh#IsraAerieRomance","GLOBAL",1)
Global("AerieRomanceActive","GLOBAL",1)
Global("rh#IsraRomanceActive","GLOBAL",1)
RealGlobalTimerExpired("rh#IsraAerieRomanceTimer","GLOBAL")
THEN
RESPONSE #100
ActionOverride(Player1,DisplayString(Myself,125200)) // No such index
SetGlobal("rh#IsraAerieRomance","GLOBAL",2)

near infinity warned me that

"string reference is out of range: 125200"

What does it mean? Is this some kind of bug? Is it serious? Will it cause stuttering?

and Are there any ways to fix it?

Thx in advance

Comments

• DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    Tagging @argent77 for NI-knowledge.
    JuliusBorisov
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,431
    It means that the text message referenced by this script action does not exist. It's not a serious issue though. In the worst case you will miss some lines of text in the game.

If you're lucky, it's only caused by an incorrect setting in Near Infinity itself. Please make sure that NI is set to the same language you're playing the game in. You can check or fix it via menu Options > TLK Language. In that case you won't have any issues in the game. Simply choose the correct game language from the menu and open the script again.

It can also happen if you installed mods for the wrong game language, e.g. installing for English, but playing in German. You can check the content of the file "weidu.conf" which can be found in the game's installation folder. For English it should contain "lang_dir = en_us". In this case you have no choice but to reinstall everything in the right game language.

To force a language reset, you have to delete the file "weidu.conf" before installing mods (and make sure to choose the right game language when asked).
    AstroBryGuyJuliusBorisovNSAgov770
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    Looks like modded content, possibly the ISRA mod. Have you got Siege of Dragonspear installed, and if so are you using ModMerge + have you left a copy of sod-dlc.zip in the main game folder as well as in the dlc folder. (mentioned at http://www.shsforums.net/topic/58756-i-think-dragonspear-or-23-bg-patch-killed-isra/)

+possibly is your version of NI recent / up to date
    JuliusBorisovNSAgov770
  • NSAgov770NSAgov770 Member Posts: 27
    Thx you so much guy. Your comments are very insightful to me.