Skip to content

gettin ght e Golden Pantaloons in BGEE 1

Having gotten to the endgame, I have read in the walkthrough that I should have the Golden Panataloons from the nobleman in the Friendly Arms Inn in my inventory so that they can be used in BGEE2 to make a super set of armor.
Since I never got them ( they seemed useless at the time) I went back to the FAI. could not interact with the Nobleman who had them, and when I killed him, most of my party disappeared because of loss of REP.
Any hint on how to get the pantaloons? Are they really that necessary to have in the sequel?

Comments

• Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    They can be used to create a particular item in Throne of Bhaal. You can cheat them into your inventory using the CluaConsole by entering

C:CreateItem("misc47")

They are by no means necessary - and you will need to procure two other items, one in Shadows of Amn and one in Throne of Bhaal.
  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    edited July 2017
    C:CreateItem("misc47")

They are not *eally that necessary to have in the sequel*, you can use them in ToB together with silver and bronze version of pantalons to get some new items. Nice minor idea, nothing to worry too much about.
    It's a joke on behalf of those who cannot let go an item from chapter 1 until late in ToB...

There are also some other uses/events but those are mod added.
  • gorris75gorris75 Member Posts: 60
    ok thanks saves me a bit of trouble
  • fatelessfateless Member Posts: 330
    Unless it's been vastly upgraded the item you get in ToB is not really that good. In fact it's lackluster compared to everything else in ToB you can get.

As @PaulaMigrate said they were a bit easter egg, and a bit reward for what started out as kind of a joke in the series that they were allowed to do something at all in ToB instead of ending up with three incredibly rare and impractical sets of pants. just because they happened to be magic.
  • gorris75gorris75 Member Posts: 60
    So I will forget the golden pant.. Thanks to all for the guidance.