Skip to content

Giving Class-Exclusive Abilities to Other Classes

RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
edited July 2017 in General Modding
Hello, guys

Aiming for my next mod.

Quick question: can you, for example, allow a druid to have Turn Undead or a fighter to have Bard Song or a Cleric to have Find Traps/Detect Illusions buttons in their quick-action bar?

I'm asking this because I don't have the faintest idea of how de UI works for classes abilities.

Thanks.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Raduzielbooinyoureyes
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    That's what I feared. Thanks, doc.
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    The only thing you can fake really well are the modal abilities (Stealth, Turn Undead, Find Traps, Bard Song, Shaman Dance).

You can fake any modal through the Bard Song or Shaman Dance Button, as the ability they use can be set with opcode 251 (Change Bard Song), but you would be recreating the effects of those Modals from scratch, and they would not be perfect (but can be close enough).

You can also use scripts to force the character to use a modal action.
    Innate Ability -> Summon Creature -> ActionOverride(LastSummonerOf(Myself),Hide())

Turn Undead levels are restricted to the Cleric and Paladin classes, even if you use the Modify Turn Undead Level effect.

Their is no hope for the actions behind the Thieving button (Pickpockets, Open Locks, Disarm Traps).
    Scripts require explicit targeting to use the latter two, which just isn't possible given how objects are referenced in areas (traps, doors, chests, etc...).

Open Locks and Find Traps do have opcodes, but they are automatic successes.
    Raduziel
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    kjeron said:

The only thing you can fake really well are the modal abilities (Stealth, Turn Undead, Find Traps, Bard Song, Shaman Dance).

You can fake any modal through the Bard Song or Shaman Dance Button, as the ability they use can be set with opcode 251 (Change Bard Song), but you would be recreating the effects of those Modals from scratch, and they would not be perfect (but can be close enough).

You can also use scripts to force the character to use a modal action.
    Innate Ability -> Summon Creature -> ActionOverride(LastSummonerOf(Myself),Hide())

Turn Undead levels are restricted to the Cleric and Paladin classes, even if you use the Modify Turn Undead Level effect.

Their is no hope for the actions behind the Thieving button (Pickpockets, Open Locks, Disarm Traps).
    Scripts require explicit targeting to use the latter two, which just isn't possible given how objects are referenced in areas (traps, doors, chests, etc...).

Open Locks and Find Traps do have opcodes, but they are automatic successes.

You can somewhat stimulate open locks and find traps by setting probabilities to what they *should* be for a given level in the effect...
    Raduziel