Skip to content

Where Can I Pick Up Some XP On A Solo Run

I currently have 740936 XP and need 750000 to reactivate my S/B class. I don't think I'm that good so lets take that on board as well.

So I have completed,

the circus quest,
upper floor of the skinner quest
returning the bear to welyn
the first part of the slaver CC quest,
Buried alive chap in the graveyard
Met Jan
rescued Renfield for the Harpers and watched Xzar being killed,
Umar hills mimic

Anybody got any good ideas for where I can pick up that last 10,000 XP?
I don't want to do to much where I'm running traps because I like being able to disarm them, same with locks.

Rescuing Viconia, does that give some extra XP apart from the killing the guards?

Thanks for any ideas.
JuliusBorisov

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    edited June 2017
    if you want, you can start the renal bloodscalp quest ( he can be found up the stairs in the thieves guild ) the first couple of missions are just fetch quests and require no thief abilities and will reward some good XP ( in fact the first awards 29500 XP )

or better yet, you can go into the sewers in the temple district, lots of goodies in there
    GallowglassJuliusBorisovAerakar
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147
    edited June 2017
    I thought the RB/MV quest was the obvious one, but don't you have to unlock the chest in the temple of Talos?
    I've got the papers for MV from RB already.

So far, the few chests I've tried to force just haven't worked.

The sewers group, I think that would be a suicide mission.
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    edited June 2017
    The chest in the temple of Talos is pretty easy to kick open.

There are plenty of enemies you can kill easily with the help of a scroll of PfU.
  • luskanluskan Member Posts: 269
    Doing the Sir Sarles illithium quest will give you a minimum of 10000 XP.

Did you find Lilarcor under the Copper Coronet? That gives 18000 quest XP.
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147
    Thanks to everybody.

Just managed to get the XP.

Rescuing Viconia, that was a hard fight, running through potions like nobodies business.
    And finally the "orphan Risa" with carer turned up so was able to go to the paladin
    That was the one I'd thought would do it, but they were late for some reason and hadn't appeared before.

And now happily running around opening all those chests and disarming traps, happy, happy charname.

@sarevok57

And no thought of 0s and 1s.
    My charname says to you "I live, flesh and blood" which with your username you should appreciate. Not being able to open stuff is hell.:D
    sarevok57
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356

... the "orphan Risa" with carer turned up so was able to go to the paladin ... That was the one I'd thought would do it, but they were late for some reason and hadn't appeared before.

Restricted hours. Daytime only - not there at night, nor even dawn or twilight, full daylight only.
  • bdtgazobdtgazo Member Posts: 49
    Keldorn's quest is pretty easy too.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Den of the Seven Vales, second floor, Mencar's party.
  • CvijetaCvijeta Member Posts: 417
    Mencar Pebblecrusher is and was quite hard fight. What strategy do you employ? I usually buff everyone and still I get few reloads before I pick up equipment.
  • CvijetaCvijeta Member Posts: 417
    Yes, saving Viconia and killing guards does give quest xp, but you have to do it without magic or pay up permission for practicing magic in public, e.g. saving Viconia could be costly on different ways.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Cvijeta said:

Mencar Pebblecrusher is and was quite hard fight. What strategy do you employ? I usually buff everyone and still I get few reloads before I pick up equipment.

Trap the top of the stairs on the top floor. Trap the base of the stairs on the base floor.

Backstab the Imp/Mephit/Quasit/whatever or the wizard to get rid of one spellcaster. Invisibility, head to stairs before any Divination is cast.

Wizard goes up and, from the stairs (they're usually inside the room yet) I throw a Skull Trap close to the door and a Cloudkill or Fireball or Icestorm inside the room. Go down.

Mencar & Company will come after you. Let the traps soft them.

Remember the invisible thief? Save him for a killing blow on the first "Near Death" enemy. Hail Magic Missiles on any other Near Death. After killing Mencar and the berserker (and probably the thief), go upstairs and finish the wizard.