Skip to content

Long time since I've played, looking for some tips to get back into the game. (maybe spoilers?)

As the title said, I haven't played Planescape: Torment for at least 4-5 years, maybe longer, and all I remember was how important Int, Cha, and Wis were, and a majority of story elements. So, just a few questions for the sake of tips:

1. What's the cut-line for stats at the start of the game to complete every quest in the Mortuary. I know I can come back but I like to get things done asap for as much early XP as I can get.

2. Is the exploit with the one woman at the bar to get bribes out of her via threatening still in the game? If not what's the best method to getting some early game Copper Commons?

3. I'm trying to build a fighter instead of a mage this time, but I still want to get the full experience of the dialogue via quests and story (basically not be forced to rely on memorizing spells), so can anyone give build tips for this to get the most out of it?
JuliusBorisovKlorox

Comments

• JarlealeJarleale Member Posts: 114
    edited July 2017
    This is a good guide for starting out, including stat-allocation. It should also answer your 3rd question. When it comes to early game copper, I can't ever remember having problems with that. What I do is selling everything I loot and will not use. There are a couple of quests in the Hive that yields some coppers (including a necromancer with some sweet loot in the Mausoleum), and you can even sell your body to the dustie outside the Mortuary IIRC. Good luck, and enjoy the game! :smiley:
    ShikaoJuliusBorisovGamingFreak
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
  • GamingFreakGamingFreak Member Posts: 639
    I appreciate both suggestions and they helped me greatly. Right now I'm at Clerk's Ward and all I missed was a big Charisma check (due to not having Friends) in Dead Nations, and other than that I've been doing swimmingly well.
    JuliusBorisov