Skip to content

[Kit Mod] Undead Predator (Ranger Kit for IWDEE, EET, BGEE and BG2EE)

2»

Comments

• RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    edited July 2017
    Version 1.1 is in the first post.

This version fixes a grammar error and implements a consistent IWD/BG1-like weapon proficiency restriction for those who want to use the component from Tweaks Anthology that uses the old system instead of the new one.
    v1.2 is up in the first post.

Had to change my mod's signature (RZ# was already taken).
    v1.3 is up

No big deal, I just put the .tp2 inside the UndeadPredator folder for a cleaner install.
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    edited July 2017
    An interesting kit, seems like a nice fit for a ranger as they can choose undead as an enemy. I especially like the unique abilities you came up with. It looks like vs their racial enemy choice they will now be much more suited to taking them on, with extreme prejudice at that. This is much more unique looking than the standard paladin undead hunter.

Now, if I only fought against the undead... although, unlike the paladin I could actually see this kit as an infiltrator of a group of undead, such as Bodhi's group (tracking them since the reference made by the vamp in SoD), then, when the time was right, droppin' a fistful-o-bees on 'em. B)
    Serious quest potential with this kit.

EDIT: Best kit suited to the ranger stronghold quest IMO.
    Post edited by Zaghoul on
    Raduziel
    Thank you for your feedback, @Zaghoul . I was worried that people would think that it's a carbon copy of the paladin's kit, it's very good to see an opinion stating otherwise.
    Shoot no, definitely different than the paladin version. I could see him as more of a special forces operative as opposed to a front line knight. A unique biography (standard ranger one would not fit), if not already done, would really put the icing on the cake, so to speak.
    Zaghoul said:

A unique biography (standard ranger one would not fit), if not already done, would really put the icing on the cake, so to speak.

I'll keep that in mind. For now, the kit uses the standard ranger's one. As I said before, I'm not a native-speaker and all I know about English I've learned by myself.

But I'll come up with something soon; right now I'm working on another kit.

Version 1.4 up.

Biography added as suggested by @Zaghoul

Feel free to report any grammar/spelling mistakes or suggest a better text.
    Zaghoul
    Version 1.5 is up with a major fix.

I had to change my mod signature (from RZ# to RA) while I was making the Undead Predator and I forgot to alter the spells' name at the Spl folder.

Fixed, sorry about that.
    V1.6 is up.

Updated some codes for a cleaner look, not a change anyone will see in the game.
    @Raduziel Would you send me a copy of the biography to read? Norton is not even letting me having the chance to trust the download as of yet.
    edited July 2017
    Zaghoul said:

@Raduziel Would you send me a copy of the biography to read? Norton is not even letting me having the chance to trust the download as of yet.

You always felt uneasy inside the walls of Candlekeep, as something inside you was trying to warn that something was wrong there. You read most of the books in that vast library and always thrilled with the stories of the undead. At night, you used to stare at the dark sky wondering about the creatures that lurk in the darkness. One day, while exploring the fortress in which you grew up, you found the Catacombs of Candlekeep. Quietly you advanced through those lugubrious corridors until you saw a large room with piles of corpses and vile creatures feasting on them. The putrid air left you nauseous at the same time that those creatures noticed you. One of them craved its claws in your back as you were preparing to turn away to run and you felt paralyzed. Your death would be certain if Gorion did not appear to destroy those evil beings. Worried about a possible trauma, Gorion and Tethtoril did their best to wipe this memory from your mind but deep down inside you always remember the moment those ghouls fixed their eyes on you. Some years have passed and you learned to turn this fear into motivation. You studied the undead, their strengths, and weakness, how to stalk them, how to destroy them. And now, despite the fact you don’t remember the Catacombs exist, you know that it’s time for the reckoning. In your guts, in the very bottom of your soul, you know that your hunt will soon begin.
    Zaghoul
    Raduziel said:

Zaghoul said:

Good, good, this is great stuff. it's always these little touches that made a difference to me.

Just my thoughts on it to peruse at your leisure, just a tiny adjustment if you like or can use parts of. Ya bout to fix me with game restartitis if I keep thinking on it too much as I can get carried away on a an interesting concept;)

You always felt uneasy within the walls of Candlekeep. It was as if something deep within you was trying to warn of an inherent wrongness that existed about the place. You read most of the books in that vast library and were always thrilled with the stories of the undead. At night, you used to stare at the dark sky, wondering about the creatures that lurk in the darkness. One day, while exploring the fortress in which you grew up, you found the Catacombs of Candlekeep. Quietly you advanced through those lugubrious corridors until you saw a large room with piles of decaying corpses, along with the vile creatures feasting upon them. The putrid air left you nauseous at the about same time those creatures noticed you. One of them carved its claws in your back as you were preparing to turn and run, but you could not, you felt paralyzed. Your death would have been certain if Gorion had not appeared to destroy those evil beings. Worried that this event would leave you traumatized, Gorion and Tethtoril did their best to wipe this memory from your mind. Deep down within you, however, you always remembered the moment those ghouls fixed their eyes on you. Some years have passed since, and you have learned to turn this fear into a powerful motivation. You studied the undead, their strengths, their weaknesses, how to stalk them, and finally, how to destroy them. Always when you studied these books, the scars you still carry today would throb and itch. You once asked Gorion how you got the scars on your back, but he always replied with the same vague answer, an accident you received as a child within Candlekeep. That explanation just never sat right with you, at least not in your dreams. It still feels as if those scars have never fully healed, and maybe they won't. You are certain, however, that when the undead are near again, it is those same scars that will warn you of their foul presence before they are even within your sight. And now, despite the fact you don’t remember the Catacombs exist, you know that it’s time for the reckoning. In your guts, in the very bottom of your soul, you know that your hunt will soon begin, and when it does, it's possible that it may never truly end.
    Raduziel
    @Zaghoul much better indeed. I'll use yours from now on :)
    Zaghoul
    v1.7 uploaded.

This version contains @Zaghoul biography that is much better than the original one.
    v1.8 up.

I believe I can say that this mod is a 100% done and bug-free.
    edited July 2017
    I was just wondering if there was a way this kit would be able to detect undead in a map area, similar to the way the HLA Tracking works but on a lower lvl and keyed to undead only. Being a ranger kit, focused on the undead, it would be an interesting ability for them and tie in with his background somewhat.
    edited July 2017
    v1.9 up

String fixes.

@Zaghoul If Tracking in BGEE was like in IWDEE I would gladly try to do something like this for RP reasons, but the way Tracking is implemented in BGEE just doesn't compensate the effort.

Post edited by Raduziel on
    Well, it was worth checking. Thanks. B)
    edited July 2017
    Version 2.0 is up

This version has some minor bug fixes, massive polishing and a cleaner way of handle spells.

The mod is now fully traified.

Probably the final version at last.
    v2.1 is up.

Fixed the Deceive Undead ability.
    v2.2 is up.

This version relieves the Predator's weapon restriction (now it can also use clubs and quarterstaffs - being the most basic weapon in any training is just doesn't make sense to be forbidden).

This version also has some coding that @Gwendolyne and @kjeron showed to me that lists the Undead Predator's at the "Un(Usable) By" list in several items. A little detail that makes a bring difference for my perfectionism.

Thank you, guys!
This discussion has been closed.