Skip to content

Version 2 of Tweaks Anthology Now Available

CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
The Tweaks Anthology is a WeiDU compilation of fixes, cosmetic changes, and tweaks that will run on every Infinity Engine game, from the original Planescape:Torment, through the Icewind Dale and Baldur's Gate series, and the new Enhanced Editions of the games. The successor to BG2 Tweaks and several other tweak packs, some of these were fan requests, others are needed fixes, and others simply make dealing with the more irritating aspects of the game engine easier. Each component can be installed separately so the player can pick and choose only which ones they wish to install. Version 2 adds seven new components and a couple of new options for existing components as well as some fixes, most notable being better PSTEE detection. v2 changelog:
  • Added several new components: Separate Resist Fire/Cold Portrait Icon into Separate Icons, Adjust Cromwell's Forging Time, Level-Locked Spell Scrolls, Allow Mages to Use Bucklers and Thieves to Use Small Shields, Lightning Bolts Don't Bounce, Give Every Class/Kit Four Weapon Slots, and Don't Auto-Assign Advanced AI Scripting to Party
  • Tweaks Anthology will no longer install on games that require Modmerge and instead point users to Modmerge and how to install it
  • The mod will better detect PsTEE games and offer components appropriately. This better detection also addresses some other bugs, such as the Rest Anywhere component not working on PsTEE.
  • The Exotic Item Pack was rewritten to address some minor bugs and streamline the code; the Katana +2 had its effect percentages corrected
  • Wear Multiple Protection Items has a new option, Allow Armor Plus One Protection Item
  • Loosen Item Restrictions for Multi- and Dual-class Druids is now Change Item Restrictions for Multi- and Dual-class Druids, as you now have options to loosen or tighten these restrictions.
  • Allow Cromwell to Upgrade Watcher's Keep Items was streamlined a bit, mainly to make the new Cromwell component easier to write
  • All Alter Weapon Proficiency System options save Rebalanced Profiencies could potentially rob joinable NPCs of overall pips since various proficiencies could get combined. These "duplicate proficiency" points are now re-assigned so that joinable NPCs retain their correct total of weapon pips.
  • Maximum HP Creatures was not properly accounting for dual-class characters, potentially shorting their maximum HPs

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Yay!
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,433
    Nice list of changes. :+1:

I have one suggestion though. Component "Bottomless Bags of Holding" is currently not available for PST:EE. I would suggest to allow it, since container items are fully supported by the game engine (and there is already a mod available that installs a couple of bags).
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    argent77 said:

I have one suggestion though. Component "Bottomless Bags of Holding" is currently not available for PST:EE. I would suggest to allow it, since container items are fully supported by the game engine (and there is already a mod available that installs a couple of bags).

Oh right, I actually did know this since I had to account for this in the stores-buy-anything component. I'll add it to the list for v3.

CamDawg said:

Tweaks Anthology will no longer install on games that require Modmerge and instead point users to Modmerge and how to install it

Oooh... I might have to borrow this
    It took months of development and testing.
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    CamDawg said:

CamDawg said:

Tweaks Anthology will no longer install on games that require Modmerge and instead point users to Modmerge and how to install it

Oooh... I might have to borrow this
    It took months of development and testing.
    I'm still loling.

Understudy of biffs
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,024
    Did I read 'give every character 4 weapon slots' as an option?!?! Outstanding!
    Yep--it's an externalization that EE made available (TobEx does this for vanilla) and I was kinda surprised no one had yet made a mod to enable it for the EEs.

Please note, we've got some bug reports for v2 over on G3, ranging from embarrassing to more embarrassing, so v3 is probably not too far away.
    Version 3 now available.
This discussion has been closed.