Skip to content

100th Discussion Special: Creating Impossible Characters

ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
Rules:
1. There are no race or alignment restrictions on characters
2. However, you must choose races, alignments and classes that actually exist in the game as opposed to one's that don't
3. Alternatively, you may also make a character that is technically allowed in the games but really doesn't make sense in your opinion (Example: A Lawful Neutral Thief, how in Bhaal's name does that work?) but the 2nd rule still applys
4. Have Fun.

Edit: You may also Dual or Multi any two classes you wish.

Comments

• ArtonaArtona Member Posts: 1,077
    What kind of "impossible" are we talking about? In sense of lore, mechanics, etc.?
  • ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    My Character #1: Bork

Bork
    CN Dwarven Fighter/Mage
    Str: 18/00
    Dex: 14
    Con: 15
    Int: 13
    Wis: 9
    Char: 10

Story:
    Plainly put, Bork is nuts. I mean, the guy is completely bonkers. Short in stature and even shorter on temper, Bork rages into battle with twin axes and a dangerous repertoire of spells. While he doesn't talk much, Bork is dangerously intelligent and an even more dangerous foe, especially considering how easy it is to set him off. One day, Bork was investigating the lair of a Necromancer he had been hired to kill when he stumbled across a group of Dwarven fighters and clerics who called themselves the Order of the Mighty Axe. On similar missions, Bork and the Order decided to join forces and were successful in smiting the necromancer and his evil ways. Bork eventually became good friends with the order and joined them, though his demeanor is significantly less....disciplined than his fellows, he will do anything to protect his new friends. It should also be mentioned that Bork is confusingly one of the few members of the Order of the Mighty Axe to actually use axes, as many of the Order prefer the use of war hammers (as opposed to the Order of the Righteous Hammer, which prefers the use of greatswords)
    edited July 2017
    @Artona
    Impossible meaning that race or alignment won't allow it in the game, but not impossible meaning that the race, class, or alignment does not exist in the game.

Basically use only races, classes and alignments that are actually in the game, but arrange them in any way you see fit.
  • ShikaoShikao Member Posts: 376
    I am using mod that allows any class/race combination for so long that I would need to check manual what's not normally possible XD
    ThacoBell
    @Shikao
    Take all the time you need, I look forward to your characters.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Shaldabin Gyght
    Halfling NG -> LG
    Skald (15) dualled to Paladin
    S 9 D 14 C 15 I 14 W 13 C 17

Traits
    pacifist, diplomatic, generous, inspiring

Short History
    Living in an occupied country, Shaldabin (shal-da-bin) would travel to town to town putting on shows for both the occupying force and the oppressed locals. He thought, and demonstrated that song and music can bring people together even in trying times. He never thought violence was the answer, and a polite diplomatic response was all that was needed to pacify aggression.

That was until he came upon one town where the occupying force was corrupt and demeaning. After witnessing another injustice act committed by the mercenaries holding the town, he inspired the locals there to rise up and drive out the evilness that had infested the city.

With new courage, and an army behind him, he began marching across the country, persuading the occupying force to leave for good, either diplomatically (preferred) or by the sword.
    ZaramMaldovarArctodus
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    Carrie Onmywaywardson
    Female gnome Inquisitor
    S17 D8 C17 I8 W14 Ch18

Carrie is an insane inquisitor of Drunkman, the god of righteous revenge. She is a friendly, agreeable person until you hint at anything at odds with her views, at which point she shouts her battle cry, "Die, heathen scum!", learned from her mentor Sir Emo of Philips. As such, she can't keep a traveling companion for a week and is wanted n three earldoms. Carrie has tried to serve her church, but they wisely send her out on wild goose quests.

As a child, she heard too many romantic tales about knights and dragons and so on. As such, she has named everything like the legendary Arfur. Riding her pony, Mange; wielding her mace, Nutmeg; protected by her armor, Sieve, and shield, WetCardboard, and helmet, Jelly; Carrie has ridden bravely into many a battle, willing to give her life to a noble and just cause. However, noble and just causes have no interest in her; these noble and just causes are no fools.

As such, Carrie stumbles along on poor Mange, blundering from place to place like a self-righteous Groo the Wanderer without the cheese dip. But even Rufferto would know better than to tag along.
  • ShikaoShikao Member Posts: 376
    An idea I have for quite long time, but I have not really tried it out yet, mostly because it would most likely requite bit more modding than just removing race/class restrictions.

Half-orc Dragon Disciple who joins fighters on the front line and who would choose plenty of touch spells (which I never use) and mix in some nice combat improving (offensively and defensively) spells of course. Imagine, natural CON 21 by level 5 (if you use Manual)! Though it would make bit more sense if I change for DD to get warrior CON HP bonus =D
    Dwarf could work too if you prefer better saves and wouldn't want to use weapons much.
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    I once had this idea of a Bard with abysmally low CHA. I'm talking 1 or 2, at best. The backstory was that he was part of a rather barbarous clan, who in turn considered HIM extremely uncivilized. The rudest, ripest, uncouth potato to ever bear a face and two legs, basically. The only problem: that particular clan has a hereditary tradition for their lorekeeper, and as such this unpleasant fellow who couldn't even spell hygiene with a dictionary is for better or worse the sole custodian of their sacred histories and ceremonies - as well as the only entertainer in the village, all of which now trembles at the mere mention of a possibility for lewd jokes and tricks performed with bodily secretions.

I leave it up to you to imagine the circumstances that would thrust this soulmate of Foul Ole Ron into the presence of CHARNAME, to stick to them like a bad case of scabies (which, incidentally, is in bountiful supply).
    tbone1Ardul
  • ArtonaArtona Member Posts: 1,077
    Thanks for clarification, @ZaramMaldovar.

What about elven Paladin with 9 CHA? Low score is a reflection of his attitude - he is benevolently, yet extremely racist towards other races: "yes, we elves are better, and that's why we have to be kind and patient with those poor, uncilivized brutish creatures!". Of course, he is easily the most annoying thing ever. :)
    @Artona
    9 makes sense, it's enough for him to mildly racist, but like Grandma racist and not racist enough to be a really big problem. He'd still totally save anyone....except maybe the Drow he has a absolute hatred for those guys.
    ThacoBell
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211

@Artona
    9 makes sense, it's enough for him to mildly racist, but like Grandma racist and not racist enough to be a really big problem. He'd still totally save anyone....except maybe the Drow he has a absolute hatred for those guys.

So Keldorn, basically.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235

@Artona

So Keldorn, basically.
    Nah, Keldorn just hates that one Drow.
    ZaramMaldovarArtona
    @ThacoBell
    Well I was just saying that because Elves and Drow in general are venomously racist towards each other, but what you said works too.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235

@ThacoBell
    Well I was just saying that because Elves and Drow in general are venomously racist towards each other, but what you said works too.

I'm actually replying to Mr.Tansheron's post actually.
    Impossible Character #2

Bill Robert Bobertson IV

NG Halfling Wild Mage/Blackguard
    Str: 9
    Dex: 15
    Con: 13
    Int: 14
    Wis: 6
    Char: 18

A well meaning and charming but gullible fool, Bill noticed his "talent" for Wild Magic when he accidentally set his village on fire. Luckily for the townsfolk, the fire was harmless and a kind sage took Bill in and taught him magic and how to at least somewhat stabilize his wild surges. Eventually, Bill set out on his own and became and adventurer, but his wild surges caused more trouble than they fixed.

One day, Bill accidentally summoned a devil prince and due to his gullible nature accidentally signed on to a contract which gave him the powers of a Blackguard in exchange for service. Amused by the halfling's charming nature and lack of wit, the prince agreed to send the halfling only against the forces of evil, using him as a pawn to destroy both his demonic foes of the Blood War and the fellow devils he wishes to usurp.

Bill rarely makes good decisions, but luckily for him he manages to make friends and allies easily enough to keep himself alive, though many open question his judgement and repeatedly attempt in vain to convince him that he is the devil's pawn.
    DreadKhantbone1Shikao
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    edited July 2017
    Glog the Magnificent
    Half-Orc Wild Mage Thief
    Str 19
    Dex 15
    Cons 12
    Int 15
    Wis 5
    Cha 8

Glog is quite the prodigy, for a half-orc. He is self-taught, having killed the first wizard he saw cast a spell and stolen his spellbook. Glog insists his magic is perfectly normal, and is not aware his magic is at all unusual, assuming his blunders are due to his lack of formal training.

"Do you even cast, bro?!"

Edit: Chaotic Neutral, sorry!
    Post edited by DreadKhan on
    ZaramMaldovar
    @DreadKhan
    Alignment please?
    Impossible Character #3
    Sorviz Narro
    NE Elven Necromancer/Conjurer
    Str: 8
    Dex: 12
    Con: 10
    Int: 18
    Wis: 14
    Char: 18

Sorviz Narro is one of the most dangerous and evil spellcasters in all of the realms. So evil in fact that even those with the blackest of hearts find themselves disturbed at the thought of Sorviz Narro. Sorviz lives for one thing and one thing only: the complete eradication of all life and there are no depths to which he will not sink to accomplish his goals. Currently, Sorviz is traveling the realms under the guise of the well meaning LG conjurer Quade, secretly using his allies to gain the power and artifacts he needs to accomplish his dark goals.

"There are some who would say humanity is a disease. They are wrong, humanity is not a disease, humanity is barely a symptom. EXISTENCE is the disease; and I am the cure"- Quote as Sorviz Narro

"Those who resort to evil will pay the price for their perfidy, let us track down this blackguard and in Mystra's name I swear I will not rest until your brethren are avenged"- Quote as Quade

• DrakeICNDrakeICN Member Posts: 623
    Meet Thaw Rimedick, the firebreathing ogre!!!

(Technically a human kensai given shapeshift ogre and 25 dragon disciple fire breaths)
    (For those not in the know, shapeshifts - yes, even those from spells - are permanent when given as an innate ability)
    (Unfortunately, I was forced to brake immersion and switch back on a couple of occasions, as some passages are to narrow for us big boned fellas)

What, why couldn't Gorions Ward have been an ogre? There are frost giant bhaalspawns, hello!

He easily ravaged through BG1 as a murderous solo char. Unfortunately, I dont think he could tackle BGII because ogre shapeshift weapon is nonmagical (and with the latest patch, casting a magical weapon on yourself dispels the shapeshift) and a lot of enemies are fire resistant... AND ogre strength stops being impressive.
    ShikaoZaramMaldovar
  • ArctodusArctodus Member Posts: 992
    Augustus "Madman" Oreknuckle

Race : Gnome (Svirfneblin)
    Class : Jester/Dark Moon Monk/Cleric of Shar
    Aligment : Choatic Evil
    Stats : 14/15/10/17/7/6

A triple class madman totally bend toward destruction. You're token chaotic evil bastard, but so crazy that he makes Xzar look like a gentle choir child. Can't tell what he could do, I'd get ban from the forum. If he would level up 2e instead of 3e style, he would also be totally overpowered at higher levels.
    ZaramMaldovar
    @DrakeICN
    DrakeICN said:

What, why couldn't Gorions Ward have been an ogre? There are frost giant bhaalspawns, hello!

I'm afraid you misunderstand, while I don't discourage the character being Gorion's Ward (go for It) my intention was the creation and character building of characters in general.

@Arctodus
    Triple Class? I'll allow it since the game technically has triple-class builds. But just a note to people, let's make three the limit. We don't want to go overboard. In any case, hilarious character.

Arctodus