Skip to content

Help! Dual wielding is messed up

I play on my iPhone. The game is updated and unmodded.

When I dual wield, the offhand weapon is always the first attack. It's strange and shouldn't be that way.

Comments

• KloroxKlorox Member Posts: 894
    I always attack with off hand weapon first, and when I have multiple attacks, they come from off hand weapon, with one main hand.

WTF
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Weapon speed?
  • Papa_LouPapa_Lou Member Posts: 263
    I've never done much in the way of dual-wielding (not enough to pay much attention to it, at least), but could this just be an animation thing? Like, could it be that the animation just swings the off-hand first, but the game still recognize it as a main weapon hit?

Unless I'm missing something here.
    Not weapon speed. I'm dual wielding the same non magical weapon in each hand, and the text is reading more off hand attacks than main hand attacks.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited August 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

There is only ever one attack per round with off-hand. I'm not even sure how you are determining which attacks come from which hand. You know the animation is meaningless, right?

Whatever it is you think you're seeing, I think you're not really seeing it.

I have the text describing each action.
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,320
    Could you post a screenshot example of the text showing over several rounds the additional off-hand attacks?

• Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,320
    I agree it looks a bit odd, but the reason I suggested showing attacks over several rounds is to rule out effects from partial rounds. In the above example for instance the first off-hand attack could be the result of already being part-way through an attack round - the only thing that then would need explaining is that the first attack in the following round is with the off-hand (which I wouldn't normally expect).
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    When Haste and an Offhand weapon:
    Results in 2 APR it will cause a cycle of 2 Mainhand attacks and 0 Offhand attacks.
    Results in 3 APR it will cause a cycle of 1 Mainhand attack and 2 Offhand attacks.
    Results in 4 or more APR it will cause an even split, with the extra going to the Mainhand when odd.

Also occurs with 1/2 APR and an Offhand weapon: 1 Offhand per round, 1 Mainhand ever other round.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.