Skip to content

Could you help me calculating damage for my character? I'm at my wit's end. Screenshot attached.

So these are the stats for my character.

1) Right now I can deliver a damage of 3-9. The bastard sword deals 2d4 and +1 because of my strength. That's clear. However according to this weapon proficiency guide, because I'm unskilled with a bastard sword I should receive a -1 damage negative bonus. But it seems that I don't. Can someone explain why?

Sorry for this, but I'm obsessed with game mechanics (even with Paradox games:D).

Comments

• deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Have you ever dealt 9 or 2 damage in a fight?

It could be a hidden variable not listed on the character screen.
  • fcsabafcsaba Member Posts: 3
    Good question. I'll check it when I get home.
  • ShikaoShikao Member Posts: 376
    I would say that Adventure Guide (page 39) from official website trumps fan-made wiki. And the AG doesn't show any damage penalty for lack of proficiency, what's more interesting different classes get different to hit penalty.
  • fcsabafcsaba Member Posts: 3
    Wow, thanks. Gonna give it a try!
  • fatelessfateless Member Posts: 330
    You shouldn't be receiving a penalty to your damage for lack of proficiency. You should only be receiving a penalty to ThAC0.
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,350
    I suspect that the weapon prof. guide may be wrong. There is a Thaco penalty, but not a damage penalty - this is the case in both bgee and bg2ee (version 1.3).