Skip to content

2 issues: Hide in shadows and pre-pausing

carugacaruga Member Posts: 375
edited November 2012 in Fixed
Observed behaviour: I don't know if this is intentional or a limitation of the engine, but you can't maintain a hidden in shadows state when walking into a new location. I would like this to change. If you can walk through regular doorways on a map without it affecting the state, the artificial load-screen separation certainly should not have an effect.
Expected behaviour: hide in shadows is uninterrupted when entering past a load-screen.
Post edited by Balquo on

Comments

• carugacaruga Member Posts: 375
    edited June 2012
    Observed behaviour: Another thing is being able to buffer a pause just prior to a new room loading and having the game state paused before any enemies have seen you (which allows me to immediately go invisible and set up great positioning)
    Expected behaviour: I think they should be forced to have a 'look-check' before the game enters pause state.

Also this may in some way tie in with the resting bug where you can pause the game and have your sleep go uninterrupted. Maybe pause as a whole needs to be looked at, and be forced to bypass certain integrity checks for it to work.
  • WinthalWinthal Member Posts: 366
    @caruga definitely, it really is annoying when you auto leave shadows when trying to scout out new floors of a house or dungeon with a single character, altho it *does* force you to seek out a new hiding place immediately which adds a stress factor, which makes for good heart-thumpin' RPG moments... I'm torn on this issue...
    @caruga definitely, it really is annoying when you auto leave shadows when trying to scout out new floors of a house or dungeon with a single character, altho it *does* force you to seek out a new hiding place immediately which adds a stress factor, which makes for good heart-thumpin' RPG moments... I'm torn on this issue...
    I just don't think there's anything special about crossing loading boundaries versus entering a new room. Either you should roll a chance to lose hide-in-shadows every time you pass through a narrow entrance, be it on the map or across a load-boundary, or you never should.
  • LuneverLunever Member Posts: 307
    Especially since only the leader auto-leaves shadows. Should be merged with my thread about various thieves bugs.
    Especially since only the leader auto-leaves shadows.
    Didn't know that!
  • BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    I don't believe this is an issue any more. Just tested this and it seems to work.