Skip to content

[Item Mod] Staff of Withering

2»

Comments

• RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    @Mortianna do you know if your mod have any conflict with SCS' Ulcaster component?
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    edited August 2017
    @Zaghoul @Aedan @Raduziel

Sorry about the long delay in my response. I've been away from this forum for many months and never received any email notifications about your comments.

Zaghoul I never considered adding the staff to BG2, since it cannot hit undead or creatures immune to non-magical weapons, and because of the potential for unbalancing the game (the ability drain could easily be abused with all the high-level buffing spells available).

Aedan Believe it not, I still haven't learned how to use Weidu, so I don't know how to include your translation into the mod. Anyone with Weidu proficiency is welcome to add the translation, of course. :)

Raduziel It's been a long time since I've played the Ulcaster mod, but I don't think it should have any conflict with it as long as you install the staff mod after the Ulcaster mod.
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    Mortianna said:

Aedan Believe it not, I still haven't learned how to use Weidu, so I don't know how to include your translation into the mod. Anyone with Weidu proficiency is welcome to add the translation, of course. :)

Thank you. I do hope that someone will step up and update the mod including the Italian translation.
    I've made a slight modification to the appearance of the Staff of Withering, as I had previously used the .bam file for the Cursed Ossifier staff from BG1. I think you'll find the new version looks much more fitting for a staff made by cultists of Velsharoon.

photo New Staff of Withering.png

Attached is a WinRAR archive containing the new .bam and updated item files. Simply extract the files to the override folder where the mod is installed.
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    A nice change that is. Thanks :)
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Now THAT'S how a Necromancer should look like!
    @Raduziel Yeah, I never liked the default colors the developers assigned to Necromancers. EEKeeper to the rescue!