Skip to content

Multiplayer new companions from enhanced edition problem

SamirtSamirt Member Posts: 3
My game breaks when host assigns to me new companions from enhanced edition characters in multiplayer game. This problem exists in Baldur’s Gate EE and in Baldur’s Gate 2 EE, but not in the Siege of Dragonspear.

Currently we are playing Baldur’s Gate 2, game version 2.3.67.2.

When I join multiplayer game and play with a character I created or non dlc npc (for example Minsk, Jaheira) everything is fine, but when host gives me the new companions (for example Dorn, Hexxat) the game breaks: the screen gets stuck, it is impossible to do any action, to control anything, to play at all. Only I can do is to open the character menu.
We checked the situation vice versa, when I was the host, and friend joins my game: the same problem appears: everything is fine by me (as a host), but another player cannot play with new companions characters.

Did anybody meet the same problem and solve it? Or anybody have good ideas to try to fix it?

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    Do the companions have any containers (gem bag, scroll case, potion case) or similar. If they do could you try dropping them on the ground temporarily.
  • SamirtSamirt Member Posts: 3
    No, they only have their basic gear when are taken to the group (armor, weapon etc).
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    My mistake, have looked up original report detail I'm thinking of and do any party members have containers. If the game works OK after dropping it is caused by https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/28029
  • SamirtSamirt Member Posts: 3
    Thank you very much. Our main character did have containers and we removed them (put them to the box on the floor). Not only scroll and gem containers, but also Dragomir`s Respite (bag that holds Hexxat`s coffin) was the cause of this shuttering. Now without any of this things in any of character`s inventory we can play normally.

Mega thanks for this tip.