Skip to content

Mother Egenia/Sister Calliana/Conlan's Son - Bug?

RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
Just returned from Dragon's Eye. While in there I found Mother Egenia, saved her, talked to her, etc. On my way back she and all the others captured villagers were gone.

Now the issues:

1) Colan does not thank me for saving his boy (I don't remember even meeting him TBH - pretty sure that the lad was on Dragon's Eye)

2) Sister Calliana has no special dialogue about Mother Egenia being saved.

I thought that IWDEE had these issues resolved for good. Do I need the Unfinished Business for this?

If it is an issue, any ideas to solve this? If it's not an issue, what the hell did I do wrong?

Thanks.

Edit: Used the Console to spawn Sheemish. Had the dialogue, got de XP, but Conlan won't give me a new dialogue option.

Solved both issues altering the Global SHEEMISH_ESCAPE 2 and KNOW_EGENIA 2.

Thanks.
Post edited by Raduziel on

Comments

• kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367

Sheemish is an unmarked kid in the 2nd level of dragons eye. You must talk to him after killing both the lizardman king and the nearby lizardmen/wraith spiders guarding him.

Must have killed Yxunomei and all 4 Talonites and 6 Trolls surrounding Egenia, with Egenia still alive. There are timer-spawned trolls in the same area that do not count.
    To see if you missed any:
    C:GetGlobal("Sprite_is_DeadTalontie","GLOBAL")
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    @kjeron

The value returned was 10 which I believe stands for 4 Talonites + 6 Trolls, so I haven't missed any kill. Yxunomei is dead as a dead person can be by now.

I have actually missed the kid, I don't play IWD in a long time (was always waiting for the 2.0 patch).

I solved everything messing with the Global. Thanks!
  • ConfusedWizardConfusedWizard Member Posts: 14
    Hello,

I always can 'save' the child of the smith in Kuldahar, this always worked nice. After talking to him in Dragons Eye Level 2 he can be found at home, even if the next level is yet active. I get the reward (Hammer), and all is well. One has to take care to talk to him _after_ killing the monsters in this level, I think. But it always worked for me, also with the old original version of IWD.

Mother Egenia on the other hand stays (as she says) to help and heal, but when we return after killing Yxunomei, when Dragons Eye is cleared, is no longer here. She seems to disappear, when you kill Yxunomei.

But still this is not recognized at the temple in Kuldahar. Neither is Mother Egenia here, nor can we tell Sister Calliana, that we found her and she is well. We visited Egenia several times and slept there before entering Level 5 and fighting Yxunomei, so she clearly was alive after the fight with the Talonites, and - I looked with EEKeeper in a save after killing Yxunomei - the Global 'SPRITEISDEADTALONITE' has the value 10.

So - is this an oversight? Is it impossible to tell Sister Calliana, the Egenia is alive? Should Egenia return later?

Does anybody know, is there still a bug, or is it intentional? I have a save at Egenias old location, where she is missing (or has left), after killing Yxunomei, if anybody is interested...

Thanks.