Skip to content

[MOD] FG Cleric Kits - Now with BG:EE 2.0 Compatability

2»

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • FailGeekFailGeek Member Posts: 50
    I admit that it's very strong. It's why I made Naturewalk sorta weak (it's duration is 1 turn shorter compared to Free Action, and I may remove the grease protection). I did have Aerie in mind when I made it so if you join her with a XP-capped BG1 PC she should just start getting Level 4 spells, and Call Woodland Beings is something of an automatic pick for me on that level so I figured may as well externalize it and allow her to memorize something else. (for other NPC considerations see: Hoodwinker and Quayle, who I think really needs to have something special for him to be worth it as a low level Cleric/Mage, and Alaghor and Yeslick, who is a good frontliner that needs something extra to put in the party considering he comes in at Cloakwood, after SPIDER HELL where someone like me would need a good, full party to pass through).
    More 1 level later but I get your point. The issue is then that it wouldn't fit the template the vanilla kits have of 1 non-unique spell at 1/5 levels and 1 unique spell at 1/10 levels. I know that Animal Summoning I would probably be the better spell for it at that level and be more flavour-related, but I really like having Call Woodland Beings as the innate; it is really undercosted as a spell (seriously, it has a 5th level spell nested inside of it - the spell as it stands is not a good idea for game balance unless you limit the nymph more or up the spell slot). I also have some aesthetic issues with Animal Summoning if you only get the one spell from its series.

I'll probably change it, but not now because I'm stubborn and it doesn't fit my [sparkles] original vision [/sparkles]. Maybe in the next update when I finish the alternate spells for the first three kits.

(Small preview: Location based AoE Sanctuary for Baervan, AoE Blind (+ smaller AoE Stun) for Baravar, and a building melee attack per round party bonus for Clangeddin)
    Updated for BG:EE 2.0. Now comes with alternate spells for the first 3 kits that I made.

Development on this will pause for a bit. If there are any bug reports I will attempt to fix them. Hope everyone enjoys the mod.
  • DrackolusDrackolus Member Posts: 10
    Is there any way you could swap out which summoning spell you get at certain levels? So, start with Animal Summoning I at level 1 and then gradually swap out the uses until you get Call Woodland Beings as a sort of "capstone"? Not quite in line with other kits, but as long as it follows the "every 5" and "every 10" orders it's still pretty close.
    That said, Divine Remix is throwing out lightning bolt on a 1st level strifeleader. And if you have a mod that moves him, you can grab a level 1 Tiax with a ghoul - super helpful for my scs+legacy of bhaal palythrough already. Viccy's pursuer was giving me the hardest time.
    Considering how rough level 1 can be when you're trying to gather up your preferred party members, I don't think OP at level 1 is an issue at all.
    The best way I could think of doing that is creating a spell that would then cast different summoning spells as you level up, so at level 1 it would be Animal Summoning I and level 10 it would be Animal Summoning II and such. I'm okay with it as it stands now though.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Hello!

Does anyone know if it is possible to make contact with @FailGeek ?

It's for a mod I'm making.

Thanks!
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    edited August 2017
    Gruumsh is in Monster Mythology. He's got a small section (and by small I mean a page) for him but there's enough there that I can hammer it out to something. Gruumsh gives extra to Hit against elves, a self-target Aid spell, a self-heal powered by murder and a spear blessing. And is also Lawful Evil, but has shamans that are any evil.

The fact that he has one eye though and demands the same for his shamans is something I find distinctive. Maybe do a Wizard eye like spell but one that has smaller vision but a small debuff aura, so you can have a moving debuff zone ('Hateful Gaze' or something - I'm terrible with names). That may make it more annoying and finnicky but it does grant him something unique.

Oh yes, I remember this.

I think I'm going to use this as a template for a revised zealot

Edit:
    Raduziel said:

Hello!

Does anyone know if it is possible to make contact with @FailGeek ?

It's for a mod I'm making.

Thanks!

Er, as a general rule, if they have been gone for more than a year, they're gone...
    So... what does the general rule says about using a mod content is this case?

May I use it (given the credits) and take it off if the owner complaints?
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    edited August 2017
    Raduziel said:

So... what does the general rule says about using a mod content is this case?

May I use it (given the credits) and take it off if the owner complaints?

This is pretty much the general rule:
    jastey said:

I can't speak for the mod authors of Devine Remix, but generally it is OK to use parts of tp2 code of other mods if providing adequate credits, so I wouldn't be too scared to provide your mod before getting the official agreement. (I think more or less every modder copied some tp2 content from other mods in some part of his/her modding time. Usually with asking, of course.)

Clear Don'ts would be changing the Devine Remix content by your mod, or use actual mod content without agreement of the original author.

If you are talking about using the whole mod...well, you can do that for a personal thing. But i wouldn't release it to the public unless the mod author(s) have either a) given you permission or b) it gives permission in the readme
    edited August 2017
    I will just use the Baravar Cloakshadow kit (for Quayle, Glint, and Aerie) and the Clangeddin one for Yeslick.

Hope he/she's ok with it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited August 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited August 2017
    @subtledoctor Every time I start a BGEE run I make some altering on the NPCs (skills, stats, kits... sometimes even class). I intend to pack this on a mod.

The primary idea was for personal use, but I thought that more people would enjoy the changes. I already got @CamDawg 's permission on using some kits from Divine Remix, for example.

And I was going to ask your permission to use the Marksman kit for Corwin (changing her into a Fighter). That was the next step (for now I'm not touching the EE NPCs yet).

Anyway, I'm foreseeing problems with this approach, so I'll just keep the full mod for personal use and release a copy that says "download these mods before installing this one".

Edit:

PS: Of course I was going to give credit to the mods' developers and only use their material with authorization. Didn't know if it was obvious, so I'm making this statement to make it obvious.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited August 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    @subtledoctor AFAIK Level1NPC don't alter stat and skill, only class/kit. I used it once and I remember having to use EEKeeper to make some changes.

My project's Ajantis, for example, have Str 18/57. Kivan and Montaron have Dex 19. Except for some NPCs (Garrick and Quayle) I didn't gave extra stats, just swapped some points from one attribute to another. Jaheira, for example, now is a Circle Enforcer druid with 17 Wisdom. Khalid is a Wizard Slayer with IIRC Str 18/32. Kagain a Dwarven Defender with Str 18/86.

Everytime a Warrior Str was altered to 18 I rolled a d100 to determine its exceptional Str, that's why the random values.

Anyway, I think it goes beyond what L1NPC does.
    Well, it saves me the trouble. Thanks, doc.
  • VigilcomaVigilcoma Member Posts: 3
    Hi!

Is this mod available for BG 2:EE?
    @Vigilcoma Yes.
  • VigilcomaVigilcoma Member Posts: 3
    Raduziel said:
    How? I downloaded for BG:EE, installed, OK. But for BG 2:EE work it for me not...
    @Vigilcoma That's weird. Just installed v 1.0.1.0 in BG2EE without any problems.

Just unziped, runned setup and that's it.
  • JasonX2JasonX2 Member Posts: 7
    Which version is the most recent?