Skip to content

Game crashes entering Diaytha's room (Sendai's enclave)

rossbach451rossbach451 Member Posts: 166
It has been a while since I played this, so I don't have a firm grip on what mods I have, but none seem to be sketchy that I can recall. I try to advance in Sendai's enclave, crash.

Comments

• rossbach451rossbach451 Member Posts: 166
    Adding my WeiDu log as well.
    Very underwhelmed by the response here. I know that I cannot give a list of mods, and maybe mods are the answer with no solution, but don't call this a troubleshooting forum with no responses. And no, I don't consider "strip all mods, play vanilla, see what happens" as an answer. But hey, whatever.
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    edited August 2017
    @rossbach451 I tested your save game on an unmodded game. No crashes whatsoever. Did multiple area transfers in and out of Diaytha's room, went up to Sendai and killed her. No issues so I guess your crashes are mod-related.
    JuliusBorisov
    Damn. Thank you, I appreciate the info and effort!
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    At one point SCS had issues with vampires which caused crashes but that may have been resolved. Mentioning as area AR6105 has a vampire near Diaytha.

You may be able to track it down to one mod either by removing one at a time from a copy of your install, or by copying your install then deleting the override folder and adding a mod at a time.

Or if you want to rule out the vampire try a clean install alongside the modded one and kill the vampire there. Save and then see whether the modded game works. Or remove the vampire from the area with e.g. NearInfinity.

When dealing with modded games, the starting position has to be does it do it on an unmodded game and if not can it be tracked down to a specific mod or combination of mods. I'm not sure what other advice could be given in respect of problem determination.
    JuliusBorisov
    Whoa, that is very interesting info. I will follow your advice. i never knew about the possible vampire issue. Thanks!
    Damn. Tried the NearInfinity Vampire scrub, no dice. Even tried to CLUAConsole in, nope. Guess it will be the slow way. Thanks again for your help!
  • DunyDuny Member Posts: 6
    Hi, I just had this issue and had to basically get rid of SCS AI enhancements for my game to stop crashing.