Skip to content

Custom XP table?

GreenerGreener Member Posts: 430
edited August 2017 in General Modding
Would it be possible to create custom XP table for a kit within a class?

For example:

Custom XP table for a berserker kit without affecting the fighter table for everyone else?

I tried looking at druid_2_cleric_levels.tpa from the tweaks anthology but that appears to only affect changing an entire class

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    What you can do however is applying an experience bonus or malus to a kit. This increases or decreases the experience the character receives. With a bit of clever customisation you can litterally make your own experience table, by modifying that bonus/malus on level up. It won't display properly on the character sheet though. The table will be what you want effectively but it will still display as the normal experience progression.
    Shikao
    Arunsun
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592

Arunsun said:

What you can do however is applying an experience bonus or malus to a kit. This increases or decreases the experience the character receives. With a bit of clever customisation you can litterally make your own experience table, by modifying that bonus/malus on level up.

This is very tricky. In my recent experience this does not affect the XP you receive, but rather your total amount of XP. So changing the bonus at level X would retroactively change everything you've earned before level X.

Possible? I guess. Worth it for a kit mod? Very rarely.
    It should work and remain fairly easy to do if you use a negative % bonus at level 1 (unless you can have negative experience but I don't think so), cancel it at level 2 and then every level add a flat negative bonus upon leveling up. You retain your level but will need more experience to level up again.
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075

Every kit and glass should be on the same table,

Well, if you put every glass on one table, it's going to be pretty crowded. Sometimes I prefer to put my glass on a different table from the rest.
    tbone1
  • GreenerGreener Member Posts: 430
    Thank you for all of the comments, currently the time/benefit equation doesn't favour pursuing this any further...
    Cheers,

a.
    Arunsun