Skip to content

Should I start over?

I'm fairly new to the baldurs gate series and just started playing the first one yesterday. I created a sorcerer with: 14 STR. 18 DEX. 16 CONS. 15 INT. 3 WIS. And 12 CHA. But this was before I realized rolling the dice on the character creation screen randomly allocates the number of stats you can use. Plus I read you have to have 18 WIS to use wish.

Comments

• DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    You won't have Wish until BG2, and there are potions to boost wisdom when you need it, they serve no other purpose.

Other than your str not being 18 for melee, which is a bad idea anyways, you're well enough off. Sorcerers are not stat dependent, but 18 dex and 16 cons are as good as those two key stats can be for a sorcerer. Use ranged weapons, even if you took quarter staff, but stick to cheap, generic ammo.

The spell Sleep is very helpful early!
    KuronaThacoBellsemiticgoddessAerakar
  • JumboWheat01JumboWheat01 Member Posts: 1,028
    If you feel like you should start over and go for "better stats," by all means, do so. It's your game, play as you will. Besides, you're stats aren't all that bad, and really, our PCs must be lacking in common sense (WIS) to get into the situations that they do.
    ThacoBellAerakar
  • TaylorrrTaylorrr Member Posts: 30
    Thanks for your helpful responses! :p i thought wish was a baldurs gate 1 spell, glad to know I won't need to start over. I did choose sling as my weapon profiency, I'm in chapter 2 and just recruited dorn and adjantis and haven't been dying quite as often.
    RaduzielAerakar
  • Papa_LouPapa_Lou Member Posts: 263
    Taylorrr said:

I'm in chapter 2 and just recruited dorn and adjantis and haven't been dying quite as often.

Have fun with that... :D
    SkatanAerakar
  • TaylorrrTaylorrr Member Posts: 30
    I know that adjantis at some points attacks evil alligned characters. :o I've been controlling him and preventing it.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Edit your stats with EEKeeper. Faster than restarting but with the same result.

Some people object to using cheats and external programs, but I'm too impatient to do everything the in-game way.
    ShikaoOrlonKronsteenAerakarArtona