Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

New Premium Module: Tyrants of the Moonsea! Read More
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Having trouble

ajisgod321ajisgod321 Member Posts: 58
I have been having a few issues installing planes cape. I used to have bg2 bg ee Iwdee before my comp crashed and had no issues. However now that my interest has been renewed I wanted to try planes cape because unlike baldurs gate I never played that as a child. First time I tried downloading I got an error message that said I was missing the file open.al. so I contacted support got a link for it and tried again to no avail. Uninstaller planes cape and tried again however this time I got a new message that read 3221225477 error message. I tried to contact support again but have yet to receive an answer. Can someone please help me? I have a Sony Vaio laptop.

Comments

• GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,594
    edited August 2017
    Hi @ajisgod321, there is a bug report here that details the same prob. You didn't mention what OS you are running so I am assuming Windows 10. If it is Windows 7 ot 8.x, then the same should apply... May be a different solution for Linux. Not sure which model you of Vaio you have so I will work with generic descriptions. You can also find another generic troubleshooting discussion here. On another note, I am assuming you are installing Planescape: Torment: EE and not the original.

Could you try the following:
    - Make sure you have the latest video driver installed.
    - (Re)Install Directx 9.0c
    - Reinstall OpenAL.
    - Reinstall Planescape
    - Start the game.

If it doesn't start, there is a software version of openAL located in the second link./ Try download that and install. Attempt a restart.

If none of this works, let me know the model of the Sony and the version of OS you are running and we will try some more.

Good luck
    Gus

Edit: Also mention which version of the game and where it was purchased from (Steam/GoG/Beamdog etc)

typo_tillyJuliusBorisov
  • ajisgod321ajisgod321 Member Posts: 58
    I will try when I get home. You are correct planes cape enhanced, Windows 10, can't remember which model computer though. It was top of the line 3 4 years ago I sp2nt like 2k on it. I am also going to try downloading one of the bald Ursula gates as well I bought all the enhanced versions over the years so they are available on my beam dog account. I am curious if those give me trouble as well