For game IWD2
  1. Monk or Monk/Druid15 votes
    1. Human Monk Druid multiclass
      20.00%
    2. deep gnome Monk
      80.00%

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Monks are so reliant on level bonuses to be viable that multiclassing them is probably gonna hurt.
    tbone1semiticgoddess
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    edited August 2017
    A svirfneblin monk is fun to play. But the +3 Level Adjustment hurts quite a bit.

But I would downright advice against a Monk/Druid build. Icewind Dale 2 is peculiar in that monks which level up in other classes cannot advance as monks anymore. Each monk 'kit' has one exception of that rule, which allows for dual classing builds though.
    • Monks of the Old Order can dual class as rogues.
    • Monks of the Broken Ones can dual class as Painbearers of Illmater clerics.
    • Monks of the Dark Moon can dual class as sorcerers.
    That is to say, you certainly could roleplay the inability of taking further monk levels as an oathbreak. Which could be rather interesting too if you like to play as an 'fallen' monk, so to speak.
    tbone1semiticgoddessGrum
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Grum said:

when a half-orc runs into battle naked and unarmed, with his gore covering his hands and forearms...you can conceivably end up wishing that you brought a bigger sword. When a gnome does it, you wonder what kind of mushrooms he ate.

That's why I pay for internet access.

GrumProontRAM021
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    If the vision for the character is to mainly be a monk, then go straight monk. But, a primarily druid character can benefit from a level of monk. Druids retain the monk Wisdom AC bonus while in Wild Shape, which can up the combat formidability of your druid.
    ShikaoGrumProont
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Imho, go Druid with 1 monk level or straight monk. Be very cautious about XP penalty on a LA race though, it'll be an issue I suspect. Straight monk would be interesting imho.