Skip to content

Last question (srs)

So I restarted for like the third time and rolled a 92 on my sorcerer, so that left me with 14 STR. 18 DEX. 16 CONS. 15 INT. 18 WIS. And 10 CHA. I originally wanted 16 charisma but after 30 minutes of rerolling my hand started to hurt so I just settled with 10 charisma, can I get away with that?
JuliusBorisov

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    yep, in 2nd edition you don't need charisma for a sorcerer ( it has absolutely no effect on their spells ) plus if you import to bg2 there is a ring that sets your CHA to 18, so 10 is perfectly fine
    OrlonKronsteenStummvonBordwehrtbone1semiticgoddess
  • OrlonKronsteenOrlonKronsteen Member Posts: 905
    92 is a great roll. You're fine with 10 charisma, but having more doesn't hurt. It can effect the relationships within your party, improve your reaction adjustment and provide discounts in shops. And as a sorcerer, you really don't need high physical stats. Strength can come in handy for carrying items, but that's it. You won't be going toe-to-toe in melee. Dexterity is nice for using ranged weapons, but most of the time you'll be casting spells. Dex helps defensively, too, but with the defensive spells available you won't need it. Likewise, high constitution helps with hit points, but if you're not getting hit, it doesn't matter. You could move some of those physical stats into charisma, no problem, if a high charisma character is what you want to role play.
    ShikaoJuliusBorisovtbone1
  • ShikaoShikao Member Posts: 376
    Also sorcerers have no need for high INT. You could have gone with 10INT and 15CHA =]
    JuliusBorisovOrlonKronsteen
  • TaylorrrTaylorrr Member Posts: 30
    edited August 2017
    Alternatively, couldn't I just make someone with higher charisma the party leader to offset my low charisma?
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    You could - though 10 charisma is not really low anyway. If you really need to boost it you've always got the option of the friends spell that adds 6. There are a couple of cloaks that you can use to add 2 and with the tome as well that means you can get charisma up to 19.
    JuliusBorisovtbone1
  • Thalyr_the_GreenThalyr_the_Green Member Posts: 3
    With a role of 92 on a Human Sorcerer starting in BGEE I would go:

STR 18
    DEX 18
    CON 15
    INT 10
    WIS 15
    CHA 15

You could also take 3 points from strength and put them on charisma, but I think you'll get more use out of some more carry weight than slightly lower prices.