Skip to content

Problem at undergorund rive. help? (minor spoilers)

RiqueRique Member Posts: 47
I read that i need to use a potion of firebreath to create a distraction. I do have the seal but i would like to try that for more xp and more rpging. The problem is: what should i do? I have tried everything. I just dont know how to do the trick. I even drunk it near the campfire.
What I am doing wrong?
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Click on the campfire, it should open as an inventory. Put the potion inside and that's it.
  • RiqueRique Member Posts: 47
    perhaps I am at the wrong campfire... this one at the entrance dont have this option...
    double checked, i hover the mouse over the fire and rocks, nothing. no option to click or open anything. is that bugged?
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    It should be the campfire near the double doors at the back of the cave. Not the one near the entrance. Its also not necessary, you can also bluff your way in.
    Yeah i know, I am at the right spot then but the campfire is not clickable. You mean the fire or the rocks right?
    Isn't there a pot on the fire?
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Did you have the dialogue with the crusaders about the rookie that messed up with the potion?
    yes, I got the dialogue. I dont see any pot on fire. I even turned on the google to highligh any object.
    Could you post a screenshot?

Here is goes.
    Thanks in advance. At this point I am more curious than anything. I moved on and reached the castle siege.
    That is indeed the correct fire. hm, I dunno what could be wrong sort of a straight up bug. If you still have a save from there, I'd post it in the Troubleshooting forum.
    Thanks but I moved foward. :)
    Hopefylly on my next run it will be there.
  • DurenasDurenas Member Posts: 508
    I encountered the same problem.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    You need to talk to the guard at the entrance to the door before the fire pit will become available.
    JuliusBorisov
    Of course I did that. The whole problem is that it didnt become aviable/"stashable".
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Just clarifying. It's during that dialogue that the action to unlock that container is carried out. By any chance did either of you or @Durenas have Corwin in your group?
  • DurenasDurenas Member Posts: 508
    I didn't have corwin at that point, though I did have her in my party in an earlier chapter. When I talked to the guard, I just bluffed my way past. I didn't really experiment too much. It seems to me, however, that if you overhear the conversation about the potion and the fire, that you should just be able to do it, and not be required to talk to the gate guard first.
    edited August 2017
    I did have Corwin in my part, she was silent all the time and I did a lot of tries. I am on my second run, lets see if the bug repeats. As I have the same problem previous reported with m'khiin 9https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/900677#Comment_900677), i guess the chances are high.
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    edited December 2018
    I had the same issue at first.
    I had the dialogue with the crusaders about the explosion. The campfire was not selectable, so I could not drop the potion. It became selectable after talking with the guards near the entrance.
    Post edited by Aedan on
    AerakarJuliusBorisov