Skip to content

Question about The Grey Clan mod (fixed)

CheckmateSandersonCheckmateSanderson Member Posts: 50
edited August 2017 in BG:EE Mods
Hi,

I've installed The Grey Clan mod as part of a BWS installation & I'm wondering if anyone can help me with a possible bug.

I've completed the questline up to the point of meeting Jusam near the Hall of Wonders building; a group of bandits attacked, we fought them & their leader teleported away. Now Jusam just keeps saying that there are wounded bandits hiding in the area and I must kill them. According to a walkthrough I found, I'm supposed to be given the location of a bandit hideout or something but this hasn't happened and I really don't know what to do next.

Any ideas how to fix this?

EDIT: According to the walkthrough, a Flaming Fist Elite is supposed to appear & speak to Jusam after the bandit ambush. But this character never spawns for me.
Post edited by CheckmateSanderson on

Comments

• PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201

Hi,

I've installed The Grey Clan mod as part of a BWS installation & I'm wondering if anyone can help me with a possible bug.

I've completed the questline up to the point of meeting Jusam near the Hall of Wonders building; a group of bandits attacked, we fought them & their leader teleported away. Now Jusam just keeps saying that there are wounded bandits hiding in the area and I must kill them. According to a walkthrough I found, I'm supposed to be given the location of a bandit hideout or something but this hasn't happened and I really don't know what to do next.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Fix? Just need to find those bandits.
    Search in the north-west area of the town, the map where Duke Silvershield's estate is located. You find a dying man in front of a house and the murderers are inside.
  • CheckmateSandersonCheckmateSanderson Member Posts: 50
    @PaulaMigrate Sorry, I wrote that post really late at night & I should have been more clear - the problem I'm having is that the characters are not spawning in that house & the dying man is not outside. After meeting Jusam & killing the bandits, a Flaming Fist Elite is supposed to appear and speak to him, but this character never appears for me either.

I'm wondering if there's a Global variable I can set to get the quest moving again?

@PaulaMigrate Sorry, I wrote that post really late at night & I should have been more clear - the problem I'm having is that the characters are not spawning in that house & the dying man is not outside. After meeting Jusam & killing the bandits, a Flaming Fist Elite is supposed to appear and speak to him, but this character never appears for me either.

I'm wondering if there's a Global variable I can set to get the quest moving again?

C:SetGlobal("BW05_TGC1","GLOBAL",2)
    C:SetGlobal("BW05_BanditAttack","GLOBAL",0)

Maybe you need to initiate dialogue with Jusam yourself.
    (It looks like either the game counted the dead attackers wrong or one of them is still around somewhere...)
  • CheckmateSandersonCheckmateSanderson Member Posts: 50
    @PaulaMigrate those Globals worked perfectly, thankyou. I can only assume my issue was something to do with my BWS install.

Thanks very much for your help, I appreciate it. :smile:
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,852

@PaulaMigrate those Globals worked perfectly, thankyou. I can only assume my issue was something to do with my BWS install.

Thanks very much for your help, I appreciate it. :smile:

The same thing appened to me in my last game and I had to apply the same fix. At least there is a fix. :)
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    am I wrong or this mod ends with you fighting the two sorcerers\mages? Then no more telling?
    Arthas said:

am I wrong or this mod ends with you fighting the two sorcerers\mages? Then no more telling?

You find a rune stone with the dead sorcerers and activate one of the golems with it. You are transported to the outside of Beregost where you meet Tergius etc. There is a final talk and you get XPs. They tell you that the problem is solved for now, but the Clan/Academy is not finished yet. This sounds like the opening for the possible sequel that was never released.

In the EET game with the Sandrah mod you get an additional oprtion here. That mod adds a sequel to it in BG1 as well as further events later on in the game. It's not truly a sequel, rather Sandrah uses the unfinished mod's end as a starting point for more contents around Xephistagoras and Lady Monica.

• ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    edited October 2017
    Thank you. This sandrah mod is so huge. For how much time was it under development? Is it still under development? Is it only for EE editions?

@PaulaMigrate
    edited October 2017
    Arthas said:

Thank you. This sandrah mod is so huge. For how much time was it under development? Is it still under development? Is it only for EE editions?

@PaulaMigrate

The mod is for EET only. It's still supported at Spellhold. There was a very recent addition that allows your party to visit the Black Pits directly from the ongoing game, so obviously there's new stuff added. Even though, the current version is a full story already and the new things are just variations. There was also a series of posts at G3 where it was mentioned that contents for IWD-in-EET is available, just waiting for the EET addon to be ready.
    For the rest, I don't know, I'm not even sure if it's just one author or a team.
    The mod has been growing over the past years, it was previously a BGT mod for a time but it switched to EET once that became available. It uses all the extra features that EET has but BGT never could.
  • EnforcerEnforcer Member Posts: 4
    I'm not sure, but it seems it's an original game bug.
    BG0600.bcs contains:

IF
    GlobalTimerExpired("Varci","GLOBAL")
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    ActionOverride("Varci",EscapeArea())
    END

GlobalTimerExpired is always true at some point.
    this section always firing and doesn't have Continue() command meaning all rest area script is not running.

correct section:
    IF
    GlobalLT("SpawnVarci","GLOBAL",99)
    GlobalTimerExpired("Varci","GLOBAL")
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    SetGlobal("SpawnVarci","GLOBAL",99)
    ActionOverride("Varci",EscapeArea())
    END

I used existing variable which spawns npc. Hope it's not used anywere else.
    BTW in my bws setup there are many other sections that apparently don't work without this patch too...