Skip to content

I am having issues importing BG2EE saves from PC to iPad (Solved)

xTheCanadianxTheCanadian Member Posts: 6
edited August 2017 in Troubleshooting
Hello, I have been trying to get my saved game from my PC edition of BG2EE to my iPad using the method of putting the files in the saved game folder into a zip file and renaming .bg2save The save file shows up but crashes when I try to load the game.

EDIT: I have no mods or anything installed on either copy of the game, though I did remove the XP cap on the PC version. Neither character has more than 5,000,000 XP as that was the max I gave them (Using console and the give xp button)

I just want my custom characters to be on my tablet.. It worked once..
Post edited by xTheCanadian on

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    Make sure you only have the files rather than the files and the 0000000nn-savename folder
  • xTheCanadianxTheCanadian Member Posts: 6
    I do not have the folder in there, just the files for one save. I followed the instructions posted here > https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/460954/#Comment_460954

My PC can run the saves just fine, there is no crash and it does it with every single save I try on the iPad.
    Can you attach the file here please (renaming to zip if it doesn't allow bg2save)
    Thanks
    I renamed it to .zip
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    Are they the same version? If you have a 2.x installation, it may not be compatible with the 1.3.whatever on the iPad.
    It worked once and I was able to load and play the game just fine. I have the steam version is there a way to revert to a previous version so it lines up with the iPad?
    I checked and the save doesn't load on pc version 1.3.

To revert to 1.3 in Steam
    Right-click the game from your library and select properties
    Select the Betas tab
    Expand the beta dropdown and select bgiiee_1.3

If you copy your installation folder to somewhere else it is possible to have 1.3 and the later version installed alongside each other
    Oh excellent thanks buddy! That's perfect :D Do I have to swap them back and forth when I want to run them or can I run them from their respective folders?
    You can run from within the folders (or shortcuts if you create them)
    Thanks man! Greatly appreciate the help :D