Skip to content

[WIP - currently shelved] Gleya NPC Mod for BG2

TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
edited April 2019 in BGII:EE Mods
(This mod is currently not being worked on but I will return to it eventually. Mod description and previews are outdated and the writing has undergone massive changes which is why I have removed everything. I will post an updated description when I have time.)
Post edited by TheArtisan on
RavenslightronaldoTheBeardedOneIsandirSanctiferCrevsDaakGodKaiserHellDexterOxvaKerthallunarNonnahswriterelminsterBleuCelesteJuliusBorisovAlexisisinneedCaszidyredlineArctodusSharGuidesMyHand

Comments

• BladesBlades Member Posts: 167
    Once playable as an beta, post a thread. I will give her a whirl and let you know what I find. DC Cleric Thief is a plus in my book!
  • KerthalKerthal Member Posts: 68
    This NPC looks interresting. Hope to hear from her (and you of course) very soon :)
    JuliusBorisov
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    I think you handled Haer Dalis dialogue real well. He sounds very much in-character, from him calling her 'seagull' to his love for chaos and entropy,
    JuliusBorisovredline
  • AWizardDidItAWizardDidIt Member Posts: 197
    I think she looks very interesting. I'm excited to see where this goes :)
    JuliusBorisov
  • KhyronKhyron Member Posts: 626
    What's the status on this then? :)
    JuliusBorisov
  • Saber83Saber83 Member Posts: 94
    Please say she's close to beta. PLEASE!
    Where can I download her, I must know.
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    @Saber83 I've mentioned elsewhere that this project's been shelved. I actually didn't have much left to do, but I'm not happy with the quality of the writing so I'd do a full overhaul if I returned to this. I'm reluctant to say that it's dead, but I'm not going to do anything with it at the moment.
  • Fina92Fina92 Member Posts: 284
    @Artemius_I Really sad to hear that, but I'm sure the writing is not as bad as you think. We are our own worst critics after all. Hope you will come back to the project soon! :)
    Well, if anyone still remembers this mod I might as well say that it's not dead anymore. I have been slowly rebuilding the mod from the ground up since a few months ago, improving upon the writing, designing new items, spells, kit... she won't come before Aura but she will see the light of day.

If there's anyone out there who's interested in potentially offering voicework please drop a PM. I'd be totally thrilled if this girl could get a voice.

And if anyone wants to know the idea which inspired me to pick up the mod again, here it is within spoilers:
    In ToB, Gleya will begin a romance with Rasaad should neither of them be the PC's love interest. The thing that makes this noteworthy is that the romance will lead to Rasaad getting an actual happy ending for his epilogue. The idea inspired me enough to revive Gleya just so that I could write this content.

Of course, I would feel guilty about starting a romance with Gleya knowing this but that's how things are sometimes :wink:
    Caszidymegamike15Arctodus
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    edited September 2017
    to make up for it you should make one of her epilogues the most depressing thing ever.
    edited September 2017
    I'm glad to see you're working on this again. Will download when it's available and see if I can do a run with her.
    Post edited by Saber83 on
    @Saber83
    Just bear in mind that it'll take some time as I've got school to deal with...
  • CaszidyCaszidy Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 299
    Hi, I really like the idea with NPC-NPC romance with Rasaad. I was just wondering,
    would it be possible to make this alternate with Valygar? I always think, that it could be great to see story which would change Valygars mind and his intention to end his bloodline "cursed with magic talent". Of course, if You plan to write really topic specific dialogues between Rasaad and Gleya (for example about Rasaad faith and etc.), than I understand that It would be too much additional work to write whole new dialogues for Valygar-Gleya romance, but If significant portion of dialogues could be used for both Rasaad and Valygar, would you consider this? o:)
    Saber83
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579
    Is this mod still in beta/WIP?
    @SharGuidesMyHand

Currently not actively in the works but I've written bits and pieces whenever I get any ideas.
    Caszidy
  • reynarswanreynarswan Member Posts: 3
    Damn. Was so hoping this would be finished. Looks to be among the few promising romance mods out there.
    I want to come back to this but I’ve got other priorities at the moment.

The thing is that several parts the original concept ended up adapted into Sirene NPC so the character I have in mind now is very different. I may update the front post when I feel up to it.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.