Skip to content

Haer'Dalis or Nalia?

Been playing through BG2ee and can't decide on a sixth party member, though I think I've whittled it down to a few. Looking for some input.

Bhaalspawn is a Chaotic Neutral human Swashbuckler10 > Cleric, who serves as a trapfinder/lockpicker, frontliner, and spellcaster/healer.

Party at the moment is:

- Dorn
- Neera
- Viconia
- Hexxat (who I'm romancing)

Thieves are obviously covered, as are clerics, so I'm leaning towards someone who can either dish out combat DPR or add some more spells, hence being brought to these two.

Nalia, to be played very much as just a mage with elven chain and a shortbow, a tankier supporter to Neera? Will she be too "good" for this group?

Or Haer'Dalis, another frontliner who can throw in some spells of his own?

I've never used either of them in other playthroughs, so I'm not sure what to expect.

P.S. Before you go "Edwin!", he clashes with Neera, and no Lawful characters allowed in my group. :D
Skatan

Comments

• UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147
    "P.S. Before you go "Edwin!", he clashes with Neera, and no Lawful characters allowed in my group."

Well that's your first mistake :p

Give HD a try, he has some good dialog and will add a bit of light heartedness to your set up. I don't really know how to play him effectively though, others have a much better idea how to play bards. I tend to just take him along for the company and he fits with the "chaotic" theme.

Nalia is just a mage so not much variety there, and you don't need her thief skills.
    RavynsLand
  • RavynsLandRavynsLand Member Posts: 5
    Looks like it's Haer then. Plus I won't have to deal with him stealin' mah gurl. I'll have to look into making him useful.

Thanks!
    ThacoBell
  • darkmoon500darkmoon500 Member Posts: 25
    I'd go with nalia
  • brunardobrunardo Member Posts: 526
    Go with Haer
    ThacoBell
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    Of these two I'd choose Haer'dalis I think, since you could always use some more APR.

I guess you have your reasons to not bring Korgan, but personally I think you have all the basis covered except three: APR, Damage extraordinare, Dwarf. All parties need this, especially the latter.
    Montresor_SP
  • brunardobrunardo Member Posts: 526
    korgan is great! i like haer and nalia is ok (for a clone of imoen) too but really just preference