Skip to content

Quick question on BG2 Tweaks.

LegendLegend Member Posts: 36
Hi there!

Just a quick question, as I've never modded my BG games before, but looking over this tweak pack, I'd very much like to get it going.

Alright, I'm looking at this BG2 Tweaks (specifically this page http://www.gibberlings3.net/bg2tweaks/ ) -

It says ''This mod works on Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition (BGEE), and Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition (BG2EE)''

SO, does this mean I only need to run the program once, directing it to my BG2EE folder? And then it will effect BG1 too? Or do I need to download a tweakpack for BG1 as well, if I want the same changes in my BG1 game?

Any help would be much appreciated as always!

Comments

• megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    you need two exes. one for the bg1 ee folder and the other for bg2 ee.
  • LegendLegend Member Posts: 36
    edited September 2017
    Oh right, eh ok - so, do I simply run the program twice, for BG1, then BG2. Or do I need an altogether different tweak pack for BG1?

Edit. Real apologies if I'm asking dumb questions, I'd just like to be 100% sure.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Each game requires its own mods, so you will have to install the Tweaks on BG:EE and then install it on BG2:EE.
    Mm ok I get that - but what I mean is, do I still use the 'BG2 Tweaks' on BG1, as it says up there it works on all of them?

Or, do I download the BG1 Tweak pack I saw around somewhere?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    edited September 2017
    No, the BG2 Tweaks will work on BG:EE. You can use the latest https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/65680/tweaks-anthology-v3-released as well (mind the bugs in that version, though).
    Ah right, thank you so much for the information!

So just to be coooompletely clear -

- I download the tweakpack you linked.
    - run it once, setting the path to the BG directory. Finish installing it.
    - run it again, setting it to the BG2 one.

and voila, sorted.

Sounds easy enough, thank you for your patience!