Skip to content

From Windows to Linux

MidoriMidori Member Posts: 26
Hi everyone,
I've recently changed my OS from win to linux. I have installed the client but only Planescape shows up in my list of games even though I have purchased all five of them. Can anyone tell me what the problem is?

Thanks in advance ~
Midori

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    edited September 2017
    Hi
    The other games are not currently available on Linux through the Beamdog client, but there are at least two options available.

You could use the Support section (top of this page) to request a Steam key for each.

If you have dual boot and the games are still installed on Windows you can temporarily or permanently mount the partition and launch the games from within Linux. While not as straightforward I've added a link below plus a screenshot of how this appears on my Ubuntu setup in case you wish to experiment. Save and LUA files would be found under the Linux Home folder. https://help.ubuntu.com/community/MountingWindowsPartitions
    edit: this may require use of Wine, will see if I can check on a clean Linux install

(GOG also has the games available for Linux but would require a separate purchase)
  • MidoriMidori Member Posts: 26
    edited September 2017
    Thank you! <3
    I do have a dual boot of Win 10 and Linux Mint and I managed to run the games opening them in Wine from the original Win installation folder.
    I'll try asking support for the Steam key as I intend to cross fully to Linux at one point, but this will tide me over untill then. Thanks again!