Skip to content

Looking for a modern/SF PC RPG

2»

Comments

• GawainBSGawainBS Member Posts: 523
    Oh, Elex seems a nice shot. I've been keeping an eye on that one.

Thacobel: anything from "steam-age" to SF is fine. Just not "fantasy" at the moment. MMO's are fine, but they should be very playable as a soloplayer.
  • SethDavisSethDavis Member Posts: 1,812
    edited September 2017
    Valkyria Chronicles? It's got a tiny spice of magic, but it's mostly a ww2 themed xcom
    ThacoBell
    SethDavis said:

Valkyria Chronicles? It's got a tiny spice of magic, but it's mostly a ww2 themed xcom

Already played that one. :smile:
    SethDavis
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    Looking forward to Cyberpunk 2077, the new game from the same devs that made the Witcher. After playing some shadowrun hong kong I kinda got into the whole cyberpunk setting a bit, so looking forward to this. I was one out of maximum ten people in the world who didn't like Witcher 3 though, so I just hope they don't consolify this new game as well.
    ShikaoArdanis
    Skatan said:

Looking forward to Cyberpunk 2077, the new game from the same devs that made the Witcher. After playing some shadowrun hong kong I kinda got into the whole cyberpunk setting a bit, so looking forward to this. I was one out of maximum ten people in the world who didn't like Witcher 3 though, so I just hope they don't consolify this new game as well.

While I liked TW3 tremendously, I do feel you on the "consolify" shift, though. Compared to TW1 (and even 2), the gameplay mechanics of TW3 are simplified...
    Skatan
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    Witcher 1 was a strange game. Amazing in some aspects but very strange in the combat department. I never finished it, wasn't my cup of tea. Witcher 2 on the other hand had a very good balance between old school RPG and more contemporary elements, including the simplified and more action oriented fighting. I don't know why I love W2 so much and disliked W3 so much.. but the whole "roaming" bit has been made to death now. Please, gaming industry, could we move on to the "open world 2.0" now?
    /rant.
    Fardragon said:

Yes, it all "open world this" "open world that" these days. As far as I can make out "open world" is a synonym for "minimal story". IMO the balance between open world and story is something Baldur's Gate got spot on.

Exactly. Although, I wouldn't call TW3 lacking in the story department. But in general, you're spot on.