Skip to content

Most disturbingly Evil thing your Chaotic Evil character does?

2»

Comments

• Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    edited September 2017
    I spoke to Noober and after each of his questions I moved the party slowly back towards Nashkel. After his last line of conversation he leaves the map by the shortest route - which in this case was right into Nashkel Inn, where I hoped he would annoy the townspeople to no end with his stoopid questions.

Next time I entered the inn, I didn't find Noober so I figure the other guests killed him and buried his corpse under the floorboards. Ah well...

------

Seriously I never do deliberately cruel things like slaughtering an entire area just for the heck of it. That would be Cruel, not Evil. My "evil" is more like, "Help you? I dunno, what's in it for me?"

(I do of course allow the slaves in Cloakwood to drown, if I don't feel like parting with 100 hard-earned GP to save them!)

EDIT: Does it count that I left Aerie and little Quayle to become a god, not for the good or evil I could do, or for the power I would be wielding, but because I couldn't face life as a family man? I mean, as a god I'd have time to play "New York" or "New York 2 - Shadows of Canada" or any of the other great fantasy games the gods get to play, rather than having to go to the office dungeon every day to feed the wife and kids. :wink:
    Post edited by Montresor_SP on
    Permidion_StarkBalrog99UnderstandMouseMagicJuliusBorisov
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    How is cruel NOT evil?
    Zaghoul
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    Zaghoul said:

CN so not sure if its evil or not, but I just cant seem to get Ajantis to fall and become the proper convert to one of the outer gods of insanity I'm tryin to convince him he should be. I mean I put THE belt and THE helm on him so he is now CE and has a 6 Int and 19str., our rep drops 6 low from various nefarious activities but he just keeps hangin onto this Helm business. Even had the nerve to say I must be mad to keep Tiax around. Well, its just Tiax, Xzar and myself as they are are the only NPCs that understand me, and vice versa.
    I bet I could even have em walk in to the Temple of Helm and bust the head priest right in the mouth and he'd probably just walk out and say "By Helm, that ol dude had a bunch o teeth, look, this one's still stuck in my knuckle".
    I thought he would be a hoot to keep em around with my gypsy, Tiax, and Xzar, but that guy's crazy like into this Helm stuff. He's just gotta go since he can't become Fallen like a PC could, tough though he may be as a Cavalier.
    Talk about a strong faith but really now. He acts like he's still handed out tracts for Helm. Just can't take it so gonna have to have his helm and belt removed and try to find another possible convert. B)

Maybe he is talking about the thing on his head?
    ZaghoulThacoBell
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    ThacoBell said:

How is cruel NOT evil?

Sometimes you've got to be cruel to be kind . . .

Balrog99
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    @grum Ha, maybe he is with his 6 Int. Bound to affect his reasoning of what is A helm and who IS Helm.
    Grum
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    ThacoBell said:

How is cruel NOT evil?

A good point. I wonder if it depends on the person one is being cruel to in relation to what they might have done. Well, up to a point anyway, heh.

Reminds me of this short scene of Mal from FireFly, being a little mean at end of a sword fight with a real jerk.

Permidion_StarkMontresor_SP
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    ThacoBell said:

How is cruel NOT evil?

OK, that wasn't super-well formulated. For me, cruel is a sub-set of evil - not only being evil for gain, but for personal amusement.

Example from real life: Burglary is evil - the burglar knows very well that the owners of the home he breaks into won't enjoy having him rummage through their private belongings, or stealing them. On the other hand, a home robbery is cruel - in this case the robbers break into a home when people are there, beat up the inhabitants and force them to hand over their belongings. The economic gain is probably the same or not much larger; I suspect a part of the motive is the sadistic pleasure of harming and humiliating the victims.
    ThacoBell
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    killing dynaheir in the pit
    Kurona
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235

ThacoBell said:

How is cruel NOT evil?

Sometimes you've got to be cruel to be kind . . .

Patently impossible, being cruel is about hurting others for no other reason than personal enjoyment. It is the exact opposite of kindness.