Skip to content

Least Powerful 4 Man Group

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited September 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,318
    Wands are not just for casters. Anyone can use the Wand of Sleep and monks (including Rasaad) can use the Wand of the Heavens, which is just as powerful as the Wand of Frost
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    ThacoBell said:

Not to mention that because of a Bard's crazy levelling, level scaling spells will always be stronger cast by a Bard than by a Mage.

this is true of BG2 but no so much for bg1 since bards are at most 1 level ahead of a wizard
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    sarevok57 said:

ThacoBell said:

Not to mention that because of a Bard's crazy levelling, level scaling spells will always be stronger cast by a Bard than by a Mage.

this is true of BG2 but no so much for bg1 since bards are at most 1 level ahead of a wizard
    By cap, yes. But early and midgame, its not uncommon for my Bard to be 2-3 levels ahead of my mage at any given time.
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,318
    Bards are never more than 1 level ahead (assuming that mages and bards start on the same XP and receive the same amount of experience). They get up to a full level ahead at bard level 3 and maintain that until bard level 7, but after that the gap reduces to be less than a full level.
  • GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
    For the purpose of this thread, how does Garrick obtain elven chain without taking Dorn as well, to get the quest that gives it?
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235

For the purpose of this thread, how does Garrick obtain elven chain without taking Dorn as well, to get the quest that gives it?

He can't. Dorn MUST be in the party for it to work. Even after getting the quest, the final encounter will not spawn without Dorn.
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    tbone1 said:

I think the worst CHARNAME would be a fallen ranger who dualed to cleric at level 2, particularly a beast master or archer. In vanilla, you couldn't get your Ranger skills back, which included cleric spells and (oddly) turn undead, IIRC. With an archer, all you can ever have is proficiency in any weapon. A beast master will limit your weapons to club and staff, maybe sling, and your armor selection will be pretty limited.

I haven't tried this in the EEs to see if all this holds; maybe I should

For the record, I knew this was too good to be my insight. It was bothering me so I googled it and came up with this. I must have read this back in the day. http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=136887&postcount=55

• ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938

His chances for better armor increase with BGNPC Project as well. B)
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    I definitely can't put these in the group.
    Gypsy Bard, PC
    Tiax
    Xzar

Maybe one with:
    Safana
    Alora
    Imoen
    a 4th...
    er, uhm...shoot, not that either.
    Darned if it ain't hard to pick a group as least powerful, as when I start to I begin thinking of all their strong points combined with items, NPC EE, and a particular play style.

A hard question after playing for a while. I thought a 73pt WS would not be that good but darned if he didn't leave some messes laying about.
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    Okay, I just confirmed that, at least in V1.3 of BGEE, if you have a fallen ranger and dual to a cleric, you do lose the ability to cast divine spells. You can still turn undead, but divine spells are gone.