Skip to content

Carsomyr glow effect

I'm on my first playthrough of BG2EE after having played BG2 for many years. So far I am really enjoying it.
However, today I noticed that the glow effect of Carsomyr on my avatar is gone. This is ofcourse of minor importance, but is this normal/intended? And if so, is there a fix/mod to restore the original glow effect?

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    edited September 2017
    Carsomyr is far from the only formerly-glowing item that lost its glow. I was going to make a mod that added new glowing effects to weapons and armors, but it was a lot of work looking at things with an artistic eye and testing various colors and I got distracted.

Here, let me give you the work I have done so far on this. Just extract these files into your override and, please, let me know what you think. I could probably use the feedback on this. Note that I have included all the items I was working on. Carsomyr is in there, but there are quite a few others as well.
    Post edited by Tresset on
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,525
    I've got a mod in the works which, among other things, restores the original color offsets for all items in the game. This includes glow and pulse effects. No ETA, sadly, although that particular component is already done.
  • BlindJudgeBlindJudge Member Posts: 2
    Great news guys! Tresset, I was able to play around with your mod a little bit. The few items I checked so far looked perfect (it really fits with those endgame items)! I'll continue playing, if I come up with any meaningful feedback I'll let u know.

Thanks!