Skip to content

Jamtoes question

I've googled the heck out of this to no avail, so I need to ask. Is there ANY quest, be it in a mod or the original game, involving either member of the Jamtoes clan?

The Five Flagons Inn, with Jerry Jamtoes, Belle, and Hrothgar Firehammer, has always felt like it should hold two or three more quests. I've not played Unfinished Business; does it have anything?

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    I can't vouch for any mods, but in the base game none of these people are involved in any quests as far as I can tell from the game data.
  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    edited September 2017
    Adrian and Kelsey mods involved them in BGT, but just as one possible bystander to provide some observation for a quest. More I don't remember, not even sure if those old mods are available for EE.
    One of them has some banter with Mazzy, but just that - no quest.
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147

Adrian and Kelsey mods involved them in BGT, but just as one possible bystander to provide some observation for a quest. More I don't remember, not even sure if those old mods are available for EE.

The Kelsey Mod is OK for 1.3 EE, not sure about the latest update.
    I played it once.........I didn't finish....odd definitely odd.
  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201

Not that odd. It's a romance mod first of all but I didn't finish it either. I once thought it could be an alternative to Anomen but I found better targets for my female PC pretty soon. Never could force myself to give him a second chance. Reminded me too much of Gavin in BG1. Nice, but...
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147

Not that odd. It's a romance mod first of all but I didn't finish it either. I once thought it could be an alternative to Anomen but I found better targets for my female PC pretty soon. Never could force myself to give him a second chance. Reminded me too much of Gavin in BG1. Nice, but...
    I get that it's a romance mod obviously.
    But you didn't find the whole concept odd?
    Some kind of middle management, wanting to be a shop keeper, running around with a crush on the Bhaalspawn.
    Don't know who Gavin is in BG, but you are correct about the name. Definitely more "Gavin and Tracey" than FR.

I think the kissing scene was where I left it, hate to be sexist (actually I couldn't give a monkey's) but that could only have been written by a man. No woman in the world, I swear, would ever think of describing two people kissing in the street was all about frantic, fast heads bobbing up and down. I nearly lost me lunch.

A shame, it got lot of attention as far as I can tell.