Skip to content

Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition iOS Patch 2.4 Notes

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
edited September 2017 in Archived News

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    edited September 2017
    Patch 2.4 for BGII:EE on iOS is here!

Patch 2.4 for Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition on iOS is now available! With this update, BGII:EE joins the ranks of 64 bit supported apps on the App Store. If you don't see this update immediately, please be patient as it makes its way to each regional App Store.

The iOS patch for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition will be coming very soon! Now it’s time to move onto Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition! After IWD:EE, we’ll be turning our attention to patches for Enhanced Edition products on Steam, Mac App store, Google Play, and elsewhere. Watch for more news on future updates here on the Beamblog and on our Facebook & Twitter channels.

http://blog.beamdog.com/2017/09/baldurs-gate-ii-enhanced-edition-ios.html

Don't forget to open that link again in a week (ETA on it is still not fully known) from now, it will have a full list of patch notes, designed for BG fans by our Team.
    Post edited by JuliusBorisov on
    Varwulf
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,457
    Question, sorry if it's been answered elsewhere. Will the IWD:EE 2.4 patch contain all the features listed above like expanded colors, shaman, sprite outline, and other adjustments?
  • hanickadothanickadot Member Posts: 11
    I especially like support for iPad keyboard, only thing is moving view with arrow keys. Every other shortcut is working! Thanks!
    GreenWarlockJuliusBorisov
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,343

My own opinion on top 12 features this patch brings to BG2:EE on iOS in addition to 64 bit support in preparation for iOS 11 and ipv6 support:

3) Legacy of Bhaal difficulty setting for experienced players

This is awesome. But how do you enable LoB mode?
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    Vallmyr said:

Question, sorry if it's been answered elsewhere. Will the IWD:EE 2.4 patch contain all the features listed above like expanded colors, shaman, sprite outline, and other adjustments?

Because the other two games got it as well I would think so. That is probably also the reason it takes a bit longer to get it from 1.4 to 2.4.
    Vallmyrtbone1
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    edited September 2017
    Vallmyr said:

YES (but not the shaman)! https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/66170/icewind-dale-enhanced-edition-ios-patch-2-4-is-live

My own opinion on top 12 features this patch brings to BG2:EE on iOS in addition to 64 bit support in preparation for iOS 11 and ipv6 support:

3) Legacy of Bhaal difficulty setting for experienced players

This is awesome. But how do you enable LoB mode?
    Right after the character creation you can choose the difficulty level.
    Post edited by JuliusBorisov on
    DoubledimasStummvonBordwehrVallmyrlolien
  • GaelicVigilGaelicVigil Member Posts: 111
    Is multiplayer compatibility on all platforms planned for 2.4 or are we talking further down the road? This is what I've been anxiously waiting for.
  • ArabaniArabani Member Posts: 25
    I'm a bit confused and can't find the needed information in the news. Is the update only for cellphones/smartphones ( or whatever you call them)? When is it comming to PC?
    Arabani said:

I'm a bit confused and can't find the needed information in the news. Is the update only for cellphones/smartphones ( or whatever you call them)? When is it comming to PC?

It's for iOS only (so tablets/phones). Updates for pc and other platforms will come after that (no timeline yet).

JuliusBorisov

Is multiplayer compatibility on all platforms planned for 2.4 or are we talking further down the road? This is what I've been anxiously waiting for.

Right now, 2.4 is not compatible with 2.3 in terms of MP games. We'll release 2.4 patches for not only iOS, so this problem will be solved.
    lolien

iOS 11 is here and BG:EE is currently in review with Apple. We hope to have the new patch with 64-bit support available soon!

JuliusBorisovStummvonBordwehr
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    Better (because no Meat Loaf 70s schlock)

StummvonBordwehrJuliusBorisov
  • MythrinnMythrinn Member Posts: 42
    Thank you for the update @JuliusBorisov , it is greatly appreciated. I was in the iOS 11 Beta and have been dying to play. Thanks again!
    JuliusBorisovStummvonBordwehr
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    edited September 2017
    Why does it takes so much time for Apple to approve BGEE compared to IWDEE or BG2EE?
    Complete overhaul maybe?
  • proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
    Hopefully because they have to test the SoD DLC :wink:
    StummvonBordwehrtbone1
    Oh, that would be even better. I'm hoping to play it before it becomes part of the Classic Enhanced Edition!
  • BelegCuthalionBelegCuthalion Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 453
    Either SOD as dlc, or Apple is just random again.
    The store concept is ridiculous if the market place is not acting consistently.
    Pokota
    Update from 1 minute ago:

"Still in review with Apple."

AedanStummvonBordwehr
    @JuliusBorisov so is this taking so long because SoD is finally coming as DLC?
    StummvonBordwehr
    Just to make one thing clear: the 2.4 patch for BG:EE on iOS, just like the patch for BG2:EE, brings the 64 bit support and desktop 2.3 improvements. SoD isn't a part of that.

Apple sometimes takes a little longer on some submissions and we hope to have the update available soon.
    StummvonBordwehr
    Just wishful dreaming as the patch was submitted at least a week ago.
    VallmyrStummvonBordwehr

We've stationed a dev by the big red release button to be ready!

I hope you didn't forget him and give him some snacks since last week :p
    Permidion_StarkJuliusBorisovStummvonBordwehrlolien
    A full list of patch notes (BG2:EE), designed for BG fans by our Team, is now available, the link is in the OP.

Let us know what you think about them.
    proccoDoubledimasStummvonBordwehrBrutaleBent
    Cancelling a Dual-Class action will no longer remove weapon proficiencies

Canceling Dual-Class to thief will no longer allow unlimited skill points

There will now be an extra confirmation prompt before beginning the Dual-Class process, to inform the player that they cannot cancel the process once started

Why do you add this prompt if you fix the first two bugs? Is there something else preventing the correct cancellation of Dual-Classing?