Skip to content

Thievery buttons for other classes

Hello does anybody know how to add working search for traps, stealth, and thievery interface buttons to other classes? I know how to edit backstab and thiefscl and thiefskl 2.da files to give other class backstab progression and thief points at level up but I don/t know how to add respective buttons to interface for that particular hero. Keyboard hotkeys doesn't work.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • WatchmakerWatchmaker Member Posts: 20
    So there is no file that says for example that certain class have mage book and can scribe spells or have access to divine magic, thieving skills etc? If I would like to create for example a single class cleric that can hide in shadows there is no way to do that? Or single class mage thief hybrid with access to arcane spells and fully functional mage book? How about adding divine spell progression for any other single class...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited October 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Watchmaker
  • chimericchimeric Member Posts: 1,163
    edited October 2017
    Well, he could also just implement many of those things as abilities from the specials bar. Also, as far as switching to another class is concerned, it's been discussed here. It's possible with the Change AI Type opcode to another class. Use duration 2, not 9, because 9 is a fake change, although it does give you another class' interface. 2 is a real change, multiclass combinations are included.
    edited October 2017
    What are you talking about? 72 works fine for switching to a single or a multi. Not dual, but that's because it's not a class combination, it's a career change. With a multiclass from a kit he would have to do something about the kit first, because an illusionist switching to fighter/mage becomes a fighter/illusionist. So it's probably possible to have archer/clerics and other combinations, if the kit is kept. And just because you don't "have patience" for invisible minions doesn't mean others shouldn't use that great resource. Then again, you are the last person to ask for "what is possible." Your default answer is, nothing.
    edited October 2017
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    Contemplative_HamsterThacoBellArctodus
  • WatchmakerWatchmaker Member Posts: 20
    For me role playing was always about bending the rules. About those little things, skills, abilities beyond what class has to offer. The reason why original npc like Minsc are so awesome is because they have things like berserker rage for ranger tied with personality. After many years we can turn off almost any restriction... we have great saves editors, we can mod who can and who can not multi-class and dual-class. It is possible to give any class or class combination to any race and alignment. It is even possible to add three kits to triple class characters... Still if I want to role play as evil cleric of some shadow god that grants them ability to stay hidden from the eyes of other people I can't... I have to play cleric/thief with backstabs, pickpocketing double xp requirements etc...
    Skatan
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072

Set Traps works... the rest won't, at least not without hackery involving invisible helper creatures. Which I have no patience for. Why do that to simulate a mage/thief, when you can just be a mage/thief?

"Call Faerie Servant/Call Trickster Spirit = Summons an invisible creature capable of opening locked objects for you. Scriverspells Inc take no responsible for any unforeseen consequences, changelinged children, or random shenanigans performed while in your service."

xD
    Contemplative_Hamster

If I would like to create for example a single class cleric that can hide in shadows there is no way to do that? Or single class mage thief hybrid with access to arcane spells and fully functional mage book? How about adding divine spell progression for any other single class...

Do you know of a way to do these things?
    Sure. It's just not interesting for me. But the general direction is clear. To make a cleric who could hide in shadows, for example, one would probably first try to use effect 72 at duration 9, for a simulated change. As far as I've been able to tell, the class abilities remain, but characters made into thieves can also backstab and hide, if given skill points. I've had Kagain backstab people, in his full fighter's gear too, and I've made Edwin turn undead. If that variant proves too problem-ridden, one would go for a spell for the special ability bar. The spell would summon a minion to run a Stealth check for the cleric and apply an artificial invisibility or make him Hide. It's more difficult to award Stealth points on level-up, it might have to be done through dialogue or perhaps several instances of a point-giving spell granted. One could raise the caster's Move Silently by 5%, another Hide in Shadows by 5%, and each would remove one instance of the other kind from memory. Then the player would get to pick and choose. I'm not saying it would not be time-consuming or the result would be elegant, but there is nothing at all impossible about it. I'm sure you have the imagination to extend this to the other cases.
    Watchmaker