Skip to content

Client on Ubuntu 16.04 - Just Planescape?

pedropinkelpedropinkel Member Posts: 1
Hi!

I downloaded the client for Linux, runs like a charm via appimage on my Ubuntu 16.04 machine. Just - there's only Planescape to select on the left - no other games. Where are all the games? Anyone else experienced this problem?

Thanks for your help!

Pedro

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Currently Planescape is the only game available on Linux.

"Sharp eyed users will notice the new Beamdog Client supports products on Mac (we’ve specifically designed it to work well with Sierra) and Linux. Though Linux users will see an empty list where games should be, perhaps that’s a sign of things to come in the future. ;)" http://blog.beamdog.com/2017/03/introducing-brand-new-beamdog-client.html
  • ShankstaBytesShankstaBytes Member Posts: 18
    Looked at it and no Linux legacy downloads?
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    edited October 2017
    Yup, sadly beamdog's legacy stand-alone launchers are a thing of the past. And the current beamdog client ain't linux friendly by a long shot as of yet. Given that the only title available is PST:EE.

Only thing linux gamers who bought their titles directly from beamdog can really do is to request steam keys from the support. Luckily all EE titles natively work on linux as well over there.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Requesting the Steam keys is indeed the way to solve it right now. The team will try to address the issue with the 2.5 patches that will bring 64-bit compability to all platforms.
  • PokotaPokota Member Posts: 858
    edited October 2017
    The other thing is that if you're on 64-bit, the only 64-bit game prior to the 2.4 Revolution that's ongoing was PST:EE. Everything else was 32-bit. Which is part of why it took so long to start the 2.4 Revolution.

E: Bear in mind, if you're trying to avoid multiarch shenanigans, a Steam install is not a solution at this time - the last time I tried it, Steam required 32-bit libraries anyway which required multiarch (let alone the fact that only PST:EE was 64-bit).
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    I switched to Linux Mint 18.2 x64 just a couple of weeks ago and had to request steam keys for steam's native linux client myself. Hadn't run into any problems playing the EE's thus far. They basically run on their own without the need for multiarch or somesuch. And this comes from a real greenhorn in puncto Linuxianese. :p

But even for those who need to to install the 32-bit libraries on their x64 OS, it's basically a mere copy+paste job within the linux terminal:

sudo apt-get install lib32z1 enter your password apt-get update then do a quick reboot
    And you're ready to go. :)