Skip to content

SCS mod stops working suddently?!

Hello,

I am having problem with the SCS MOD. For a sudden it stops working. When I started playing the game everything went fine - then, suddently, some changes in the mod stops working. E.g. faster bears, and other minor improvements... I wonder... Is it a glitch/bug in the mod? Or am I doing something?

I have no other mods installed whatsoever. I play the BG: EE, SOD and BG2EE.

someone, please help me!

Also, does it matter which "game" I am playing BGEE on? E.g. through the original or via SOD?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• MWOMWO Member Posts: 214
    P.S. Also, some mods cannot be installed, like the one which removes arrows of dispelling from stores. D.S.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Are you sure you haven't done anything with your game in-between? Like installing SoD, for example? Any game update clears the override folder, and if you have BG:EE+SoD on Steam or GoG, you have to install ModMerge first, before any other mod.
    I have installed all the games from GoG. Then installed/downloaded a mod from SubtleDoctor that would make it work - some tpa files had to be overrided I think. After that I installed the mod itself.

What do you mean by ModMerge by the way? I am not so skilled in the ways of gaming/modding etc.

Thanks in advance.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Damn... does that mean I have to restart the game? Like uninstall everything and do it all over again for it to work properly? :(

I suppose I have to install the ModMerge BEFORE I install the actuall SCS mod itself...
    Do I have to install ModMerge for BG2EE too? Or is it just for the two first games?
    Yes, you have to clear the override folder, then install Modmerge, then install all other mods. What seemed strange to me is "SCS mod stops working suddently", i.e. if you mean it worked before on the current setup.
    Alright. Does this also applies to BG 2 EE? Do I have to reinstall and do the same procedure for that game with ModMerge?
    No, it applies ONLY to BG:EE+SoD on Steam and GoG, not to BG:EE, not to BG2:EE, and not to BG:EE+SoD from Beamdog.
    semiticgoddess
    Oh... FUCK... Haha! I must have been confused... I haven't downloaded the game from GoG, but from Beamdog. Lol... I just uninstalled all my games and deleted the saved games for no fucking reason >.<

Typical me.. :(

Thanks for the help anyways dude. Then that clearifies why it works - it's because I am running the games from Beamdog. However, it doesn't clearify why I cannot install some of the mods from SCS, e.g. remove arrows of dispelling from the game etc. It's also strange why the SCS mod seems to be turned on/off randomly while playing from day to day. Hmm... I suppose I have to live with that.
    Any good way to install the SCS mod on Beamdog then? Since it obviously doesn't install all the components in the mod... Hmm..