Skip to content

[BGEE] Damage type in dialog

BoasterBoaster Member Posts: 622
edited September 2012 in Archive (Feature Requests)
I'd like to see the type of damage in the dialog so that I can differentiate between what types of damage are going on.

Like for example, when a wolf attacks and does damage... does it do crushing or slashing damage?

Also for magical damages. Was it magical fire or physical fire damage, or is there no longer a difference?

Suffice to say, also for weapons such as the +2 Hammer with Electrical damage and +2 Sword with Cold damage effects. Yes, we're quite certain these effects are taking place and the damage is put on display, but would like to have it printed as "Shock damage" or "Lightning damage" and "Cold damage" or "Ice damage."

Comments

• ChrisYuiChrisYui Member Posts: 94
    Great idea. Although along with the other effects shown in chat, I'd like it to be an option you can toggle on and off.
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    IWD2 (and IWD with the expansion installed, if I remember correctly) did have that feature, so it's feasible. Maybe it's one of the 400 improvements they've promised. If not, it'd be nice seeing it on a patch.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Just to add to this idea, I would like to see the amount of damage resisted as well. For instance. Xxxx received 25 fire damage 75 resisted.

It would make it simpler to judge how much your equipment/resistance spells are helping you.
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    You currently already get to see damage resisted I believe.
  • BoasterBoaster Member Posts: 622
    Tanthalas said:

You currently already get to see damage resisted I believe.

I believe this is true.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited September 2012
    It is :) What I meant was to have in the same line of damage type you receive, the amount resisted :) I should never post before taking my coffee :)

So in the OP hammer example you'd have

10 crushing damage (0 resisted)
    2 magical electricity damage (2 resisted)
  • BoasterBoaster Member Posts: 622
    edited September 2012
    mlnevese said:

It is :) What I meant was to have in the same line of damage type you receive, the amount resisted :) I should never post before taking my coffee :)

So in the OP hammer example you'd have

10 crushing damage (0 resisted)
    2 magical electricity damage (2 resisted)

It would read more like...
    If resistance 0 >, "(10 - 2), 8 crushing damage"
    If resistance = 0, "10 crushing damage"
    If resistance 0 >, "(2 - 1), 1 electrical damage (magic)"
    If resistance = 0, "2 electrical damage (magic)"

That's if I had it my way.
    Post edited by Boaster on
  • ego1steego1ste Member Posts: 88
    It could be 20 damage ( 12(white) + 4(red) + 4(yellow) ). So we have 20 damage done with atack, and in () we have recount what kind of damage was inflicted with every color for different kind of damage. Red for fire, blue for ice, yellow for lightning, white for normal damage etc