Skip to content

Baldur's Gate II - Password Issue

Hi Guys, new to the forum and to the beamdog client in general, so I do apologise if this isn't the correct place to post this.

My friend and I have recently started playing BG2 co-op and have had some issues with password protected games. Namely, a password is correctly given, we start the game from the lobby and then the game will request the password again from inside the game - rinse and repeat. This means that we can only play the game as public which is a bit of a nuisance as we keep getting interrupted and often not by those who are willing to leave us alone.

Has anyone had this issue and is there a fix for it? I've conducted a search of the forum and nothing came up.

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Hello and welcome to the forum!

Can you please clarify the details (steps) of how the game (under which circumstances) requests you to give the password again and again?

I've been playing MP for a long time and haven't encountered this issue myself.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    edited October 2017
    Hi
    Could the client player try clicking the DONE button when entering the game password instead of pressing the ENTER key. If you report the issue on Redmine we can link it up to internal report 24445

If using DONE doesn't work, we will need clearer steps as mentioned by JuliusBorisov.

Thanks
    JuliusBorisov
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited October 2017
    Also (on top of what others have written) once you have all the people you want in a public non-password game you can go to Character Arbitration - > Options -> and disable "Listen to Join Requests" if you want to avoid people joining your game.
    JuliusBorisov