Skip to content

Is Ranger alignment hardcoded?

seraglioseraglio Member Posts: 122
I modified the alignmnt.2da to make it less restrictive for rangers like 3.x, but I still become "fallen" , at least if rep goes low. Is this a hardcoded feature or something that can be modded elsewhere? If I create a new ranger kit, rather than modding the originals, will it also experience the same issue?

Comments

• kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    You need to add an entry to "FALLEN.2da" for the kit or class.
  • seraglioseraglio Member Posts: 122
    Awesome! Thank you!
  • chimericchimeric Member Posts: 1,163
    How about fallen wizards and fighters (too much chips every night)?
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    chimeric said:

How about fallen wizards and fighters (too much chips every night)?

That is still hardcoded, only rangers and paladins are able to fall.
    And what about blackguards? They are paladins. Can they fall? Or do they fall, eh, upwards into Heroic 20?
  • RedrakeRedrake Member Posts: 426
    edited October 2017
    chimeric said:

And what about blackguards? They are paladins. Can they fall? Or do they fall, eh, upwards into Heroic 20?

Oh no...

"The temptation to do good was too great for a character who deals with demons and is sworn to an evil deity"...

As far as I know, they cannot fall, even if they get high reputation. The fact that they did fall during the beta-test version of BG1 due to too low reputation makes it rather amusing...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Why would a mage fall? The only possible explanation I find in becoming too drunk to cast proper spells.

OTOH... http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0130.html
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Well, that's different. I am talking about the mages as they are in PnP 2E.

If you want to make a holy warrior of Tiamat, who transforms into a 2 headed blue dragon and want to lose that if you fall from grace, then I have no more comments...
  • BallpointManBallpointMan Member Posts: 1,659
    chimeric said:

Interestingly - I did manage to "fall" as a Blackguard once. Didnt really make any sense to me - and was probably a mod issue. I was doing the revised Hell Trials at the end of SoA, and I ended up falling for picking an evil task (the mod at some point stipulates that even a single evil task will cause a Paladin to fall, despite the fact that you can retain your good alignment even if you do a certain combination of good, evil and neutral tasks).

So... I dont really know what to make of all that, but I guess it's within the engine's possibilities that you can fall.
    Does a paladin fall only by a special action or also when the party reputation is too low? There is a trigger for personal reputation, but I don't know what that is useful for, since the actions for reputation only change the party kind.

You say something about retaining a good alignment... Did that mod have alignment changes?