Skip to content

Create a new world map

Wizer13Wizer13 Member Posts: 65
Hello everyone,

I was wondering if any of you has any info on how to create another world map usable in BG1 or BG2. It would switch to this map if the player embarks in the adventure of the mod.
I tried looking if anyone ever done this but i didn't find any threads. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Comments

• RedrakeRedrake Member Posts: 426
    There was an older mod created for BG2 (non EE). I have no idea if it was ever converted to EE. But it had some issues. The worldmap would still show the existing locations, only the background was different.
  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    The mods that do this and are available for EE are
    - BP-BGT_Worldmap with a patch from BGFixpack
    - EET (adds its own worldmap for the complete game)

Just know that this is really excessive work to do as you need to extract a lot of data from the game, areas, area links, travel times etc and create a new worldmap.wmp from that data.

It may be easier to consider adding your new areas to the existing worldmaps with your mod.
  • Wizer13Wizer13 Member Posts: 65
    The only problem, I want to take the worldmap of Planescape Torment, and add new places. I'm creating a mod which takes place in Sigil ;) That's why I need to know if there's a way to just switch the world map.
    I already extracted nearly all of the areas with their .TIS, .WED, .MOS. BMPs, etc, and have unload all the actors, containers, traps, scripts, etc.

If there's no known way, then players will have to travel between each areas.
  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    edited October 2017
    EET introduces the possibility to define *campaigns* (e.g. BG1 - SoD - BP1...etc). It also allows you to define new campaigns for the game. Each campaign can have a worldmap assigned to it (even if in EET itself only one WM is used throughout.)

This may be a starting point for what you have in mind. I can't tell if such things work outside of EET.

The place to look for more detailed advice would be Gibberlings 3 Forums, especially the EET threads.
  • Wizer13Wizer13 Member Posts: 65
    Thank you! I'll look into this!