Skip to content

What are all the impacts of 2.x on quick weapon slots?

I looked for something that details the new features of EE 2.0 but didn't find anything, so I'm sorry if this has been explained somewhere already.

I'm trying to figure out what are all the effects of 2.x on dual-wield, sword-and-shield, two-handed, and one-handed missile weapons. In particular, can I now dual-wield a sling and Crom Faeyr, and get the strength bonus? I need to know in advance of starting a 2.x game because it affects the relative usefulness of weapons and therefore also what proficiencies I should take at the start of the game.

Also, can I put darts and throwing axes/daggers in the left hand (second weapon) slot? And if so, when I click-attack on an enemy that is beyond reach, what happens?

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Ranged weapons cannot be placed in the offhand. You have dual wield and swap to other weapon set and back just with the now.
  • DevardKrownDevardKrown Member Posts: 421
    edited October 2017
    before you had to manual remove your offhand weapon/shield before you could swap to a 2handed weapon (bows/crossbows/staffs etc) or vice versa.

now you can rock that sword/shield and a bow ... or your two daggers and a crossbow ..and swap in between without micro managing your inventory.

you are still limited to the normal game mechanics and allowed weapons ...so no double dual wielding throwing darts. or any ranged/melee weapon ...small exception that you can wield a MAGICAL returning throwing dagger in your main hand and any offhand weapon and use the melee mode of the magical dagger you will dualwield ....once you turn on the throwing mode you don't. (should work for returning hammers and axes too)
    ThacoBell
  • NervaNerva Member Posts: 133
    edited October 2017
    So, if I put a one-handed ranged weapon (sling or throwing axe/dagger) in a quick-weapon slot (right hand) and have Crom Faeyr in my left hand (offhand), when I switch to the ranged weapon, does it cause the offhand weapon to be put away, or does it stay there? If my quick-weapon slots are Flail of Ages and a sling, with Crom Faeyr in the offhand, can I toggle between the flail and the sling, and if so, is Crom Faeyr equipped in both cases?
  • jsavingjsaving Member Posts: 1,083
    edited October 2017
    Yes of course it causes the off-hand to be put away. Otherwise there'd be no reason for Beamdog to bar you from putting a sling and Crom Faeyr in the same weapon set.
    Nerva said:

So, if I put a one-handed ranged weapon (sling or throwing axe/dagger) in a quick-weapon slot (right hand) and have Crom Faeyr in my left hand (offhand), when I switch to the ranged weapon, does it cause the offhand weapon to be put away, or does it stay there? If my quick-weapon slots are Flail of Ages and a sling, with Crom Faeyr in the offhand, can I toggle between the flail and the sling, and if so, is Crom Faeyr equipped in both cases?

yes its away ...you CAN NOT wield any off-hand aside a shield with a one handed ranged weapon(in ranged mode) at the same time , EVER
  • NervaNerva Member Posts: 133
    How does it work for throwing axes/daggers, since they can be used as either ranged or melee weapons? If I put one in my right hand and Crom Faeyr in my left hand, is CF put away when I'm making a ranged attack and then comes out when making melee attacks?
    Nerva said:

How does it work for throwing axes/daggers, since they can be used as either ranged or melee weapons? If I put one in my right hand and Crom Faeyr in my left hand, is CF put away when I'm making a ranged attack and then comes out when making melee attacks?

setting the magical returning throwing axes/daggers/hammers to melee makes you offhand weapon appear ... setting it to range disappear.
    ThacoBell