Skip to content

Does SRT still apply to throwing daggers & firetooth?

I'm trying to decide to take daggers or not, and I'm not sure how they are currently implemented. Can anyone verify how they are implemented in the current version of BG2:EE?

Comments

• EnuhalEnuhal Member Posts: 920
    Yes, throwing daggers profit from strength bonuses, making them very powerful.
    Grond0JuliusBorisovAerakarFenghoang
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    To expand on @Enuhal 's post, throwing daggers (and throwing axes, and the throwing hammer from BG2, and slings) get +Damage bonuses based on STR and +To Hit bonuses based on DEX.
    EnuhalAerakarFenghoang
  • ArnebArneb Member Posts: 14
    A slightly different subject, but I remember that in the original game was possible to use throwing weapons in melee too, at least I'm sure it was possible with throwing axes: I used to right-click on the weapon and then I could choose between throwing or melee.
    Is it still possible in EE? Because I'm playing on my phone, but it looks like there's no option for that.
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    Yes you can. Not sure how to quickly switch on phone, maybe click on item in the inventory and then on 'abilitities' and then on melee? it's a guess though.

But yes, the returning daggers work in melee and add the APR there as well. haven't actually tried the throwing hammer or axe in melee, but I guess they work as well. No added APR from them though, only for the dagger since it's 2APR base.
    ArnebGrond0JuliusBorisov
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,015
    Korgan just got the Brick for the first time in my current play-through and as a hammer it is usable melee or thrown (not sure just yet about the Dwarven Thrower).

Normal throwing daggers and poisoned throwing daggers do not have the melee option in BG 1-2, but the magical throwing daggers in Siege do have both a melee and thrown option.
    JuliusBorisov
  • DevardKrownDevardKrown Member Posts: 421
    Yes Strength Bonus adds Damage.
    and once you get a magical returning Throwing Dagger from Siege or BG2 you can even use them in Melee with 2 Base APR
    (also works for silly thief back stab shenanigans)
    in melee you can even dual wield them with the shortsword or scimitar with +1apr (given you could use those) bringing you on natural 4 APR in melee.
    AerakarFenghoang
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    Aerakar said:

Korgan just got the Brick for the first time in my current play-through and as a hammer it is usable melee or thrown (not sure just yet about the Dwarven Thrower).

Normal throwing daggers and poisoned throwing daggers do not have the melee option in BG 1-2, but the magical throwing daggers in Siege do have both a melee and thrown option.

dwarven thrower can be used in melee, i just recently had a play through with 3 dwarven defenders, and one of them was using that weapon in melee
    Aerakar
  • malachi151malachi151 Member Posts: 152

and once you get a magical returning Throwing Dagger from Siege or BG2 you can even use them in Melee with 2 Base APR
    in melee you can even dual wield them with the shortsword or scimitar with +1apr (given you could use those) bringing you on natural 4 APR in melee.

Actually wouldn't you be at 3.5 APR with just the single weapon (and specialization+) and 5.5 (capped at 5) with the off-hand+1 attack? (Assuming level 13+)
  • DevardKrownDevardKrown Member Posts: 421

Actually wouldn't you be at 3.5 APR with just the single weapon (and specialization+) and 5.5 (capped at 5) with the off-hand+1 attack? (Assuming level 13+)
    Fighters with Grandmaster and lvl 13 would be at 4APR just with the throwing dagger alone. using any offhand for the 5th apr..