Skip to content

Who are you most excited to travel with once again? (Possible Spoilers)

XeroshiXeroshi Member Posts: 182
  1. Who are you most excited to travel with once again? (Possible Spoilers)55 votes
    1. Morte
      38.18%
    2. Annah
      12.73%
    3. Dakkon
      20.00%
    4. Nordom
      12.73%
    5. Ignus
        3.64%
    6. Fall From Grace
        7.27%
    7. Vhailor
        5.45%
JuliusBorisovtaclanekaguanaMontresor_SPCrevsDaak

Comments

• dockaboomskidockaboomski Member Posts: 440
    I always bring Morte and Dak'kon from the get go, but I was only able to get Nordom once, and he represented this late-game goal to me. It'll be fun to get there again.
    XeroshiMontresor_SP
  • taclanetaclane Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 364
    All the characters are awesome in their own way.

But Morte.., he's the best little buddy a mysteriously immortal being could ever hope to have.

It is positively silly how much empathy you can have for that disembodied floating skull by the end of the game. As sidekicks go, he was a very well-written companion.
    XeroshibatoorMontresor_SP
  • madmaximusmadmaximus Member Posts: 140
    I have awakened
    XeroshiTeflon
  • Dark_AnsemDark_Ansem Member Posts: 992
    I suppose I'm the one that likes the demon.
    BaptorXeroshi
  • AncientCowboyAncientCowboy Member Posts: 199
    Best straight-man, ever.
    taclaneXeroshi
  • KenjiKenji Member Posts: 251
    I'm sad that lim-lim isn't one of the options.
    Xeroshi
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    edited November 2019
    Post edited by lefreut on
    taclaneBaptorMontresor_SP
  • kansasbarbariankansasbarbarian Member Posts: 206
    Love that tail
    XeroshiMontresor_SP
  • BaptorBaptor Member Posts: 341
    I love all the Infinity series games, but I've always been disappointed in the BG series NPCs because of much BETTER the ones in PST are. It's SO hard to pick who to keep and who to ditch, and I'm glad you don't have to make that decision too many times.

While I could go on and on about how awesome each is, I choose FFG because of how complex she is. If you talk to her enough and Vrishka (sp?) you'll find that her decision to defy her nature and pursue her own morality (or religion of self if you will) is something she must do each day. There is something inspiring about her, and I cannot easily explain it.

She's a tanar'ri that turned to the light. How insane is that? Also her voice acting is perfect (and why I always pick up Mazzy in bg2). Also she is the ONLY priest.
    XeroshiMontresor_SPDJKajurukaguana
  • BelleSorciereBelleSorciere Member Posts: 2,108
    Dak'kon because I think TNO spends most of his time discussing Zerthimon and Githzerai philosophy with him, which provides a window onto an alien culture + just in general having a lot of interactions.

It's by a very narrow margin compared to the others, though. I should probably make Vhailor a special mention since I haven't used him before and I'd like to.
    XeroshiMontresor_SP
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    Well, since this will be my first time playing, I won't be seeing them 'again'. I'm looking most forward to the talking skull though.
    taclaneXeroshiMontresor_SPkaguana
  • 11302101130210 Member Posts: 381
    C'mon Dakkon is the most dynamic character. Lol @ 0% for Ignus. XD
    taclaneXeroshi
  • themazingnessthemazingness Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 702
    I voted for Nordom. But I will say that Morte pretty much ties. He is the quintessential Planescape:Torment party member. Aside from him though, Nordom is the one I remember most. "I think therefore I am. . . I think" still makes me smile.

Grace is close as well. How many games let you have a good demon in your party, let alone a chaste succubus? I know she's technically Lawful Neutral, but she has good leanings regardless.
    XeroshiMontresor_SP
  • dustbubsydustbubsy Member Posts: 249
    Ignus now has some love. Because like the Nameless One says to Falls-From-Grace, it is possible to pity him in his state, and keep him around for his own safety, and the safety of others.

He's probably the most one-dimensional party member, but I still find him eerily fascinating as a character. The way he occasionally mutters that some day he will kill you all is never played for comedy, Edwin-style, and he's not doing it for power or evil designs anymore. He's just a tortured soul, like all the NPCs in this game.

It's also interesting how you sort of become grateful for having him when his fire magic bails you out of trouble by killing a bunch of enemies.
    XeroshiMontresor_SPTeflonkaguana
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    I never really got through put more than once so I recall nothing of it except litany of curses :)
    Montresor_SPtaclaneTeflon
  • TeflonTeflon Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 515
    Hoping to find out it has other use than ...
    [Spoiler]
    1. STR+3
    2. New dialogue appear in smoldering corpse bar mercykillers
    3. Redeem AND kill
    4. Listen addictive sound "YIELD!"
    [/spoiler]
  • QueegonQueegon Member Posts: 363
    Teflon said:

[Spoiler]
    1. STR+3
    3. Redeem AND kill
    [/spoiler]

People will hate me for this, but I sometimes take Fall-From-Grace with me to Ravel's Maze only to get max rewards and then leave her to rot in prison. Justice is eternal.
    TeflonXeroshi
  • GenderNihilismGirdleGenderNihilismGirdle Member Posts: 1,353
    Annah is me. I am Annah.
    JuliusBorisov
    edited November 2017
    Queegon said:

Teflon said:

[Spoiler]
    1. STR+3
    3. Redeem AND kill
    [/spoiler]

People will hate me for this, but I sometimes take Fall-From-Grace with me to Ravel's Maze only to get max rewards and then leave her to rot in prison. Justice is eternal.
    I don't hate you for this, but I don't understand what you mean by referencing justice.

And yeah, I know that was written seven months ago.
  • QueegonQueegon Member Posts: 363

Queegon said:

Teflon said:

[Spoiler]
    1. STR+3
    3. Redeem AND kill
    [/spoiler]

I don't hate you for this, but I don't understand what you mean by referencing justice.

And yeah, I know that was written seven months ago.
    You specialized in Necromancy? By referencing justice, I mean swapping her for Vhailor, duh.
    I mean if it was really "duh" I would have known that's what you meant without asking, but hey, whatever. It's been a few years since I played this.