Skip to content

Static Charge hits Caster! Possible Bug. (Solved)

BaptorBaptor Member Posts: 341
edited November 2017 in Troubleshooting
So I fired up ID:EE and rolled up a party. As usual I took a Druid along for Static Charge. However, whenever the charge goes off, it zaps MY druid and not the enemy. For as long as I can remember, Static Charge never hurt party members, let alone the caster himself! Is this as intended, or a bug?

By the way I am running the latest version with NO mods.
Post edited by Baptor on

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited October 2017
    Works fine for me (only works on enemies).

Make sure your override folder is empty. Also what enemies were you fighting?
  • BaptorBaptor Member Posts: 341
    edited October 2017
    I was in Dragon's Eye fighting the lizard men.

My override folder is empty. I am not running any mods. Vanilla IWD straight no chaser.
    Post edited by Baptor on
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited October 2017
    The lizard shamans in that area also cast Static Charge. So that may have been what hit you. Please attach a save where the issue can be replicated as well as a screenshot showing it happening.
    JuliusBorisovBaptor
  • BaptorBaptor Member Posts: 341
    elminster said:

The lizard shamans in that area also cast Static Charge. So that may have been what hit you. Please attach a save where the issue can be replicated as well as a screenshot showing it happening.

I have confirmed it was the lizardmen's static charge. Happened to hit the druid over and over in an amazing coincidence. Didn't happen in other maps.
    JuliusBorisov