Skip to content

Howdy!

Hey, I'm new here... really into CRPGs.
I bought Baldur's Gate EE and 2 EE earlier this year but just got round to starting them (Also bough SoD last year).
I also have Icewind Dale EE (and II) and the old version of Planescape: Torment (I got it before the EE was announced... and can't bring myself to rebuy it especially considering I found it playable enough).

Also a fan of other Bioware/Interplay games like Mass Effect, KOTOR, Fallout, Freespace (not an RPG... but who cares)...

Plus I'm an Obsidian fan... I've yet to find a game by them I dislike...
So yeah... hey!

Comments

• mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Welcome to the forum and have fun! I think you found a place where you'll find a lot of enthusiasts about these games :)

If you have any doubt about the forum feel free to contact any user with a gray background, we're the moderators.

Users with a blue background are team members and developers.
  • ber5nie5ber5nie5 Member Posts: 426
    hail and well met! may your sword stay sharp and your glass remain full. :)
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    Welcome home!!
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    Greetings! Hail! Lo! What ho! And so on.

You should fit in well here. Just watch out for @mlnevese and @Anduin . They’re alright, just ... differ’nt.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @tbone1 Hey what do you have against undead and Martians?
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    mlnevese said:

@tbone1 Hey what do you have against undead and Martians?

Nothing. You guys are just different.

Then again, I am so weird that Marty Feldman always called me Abbey Something, so I have no room to talk.

• FFJamie94FFJamie94 Member Posts: 6
    Cheers for the Welcome guys (I'll make sure to keep an eye on those two...)

I have to say... playing BG has made me really want to GM some DnD, may have to get into that at some point (just for reference, I'm not very far into the game and this is my first time playing... currently on Chapter 2 with a Level 4 Paladin so I'm just trying to do as many Side-Quests as possible).
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    edited October 2017
    ber5nie5 said:

hail and well met! may your sword stay sharp and your glass remain full. :)

Yes. Near a pub with the sword hanging over the fire collecting dust.

Unless you want high adventure! Then that sword will become blunt and your glass full of tears...

Speaking of which...

Can I enquire on your bone structure? Have you a good one? No broken bones in the past that I should worry about?
    Luckily I've never broken one of my bones...
  • majinsnakemajinsnake Member Posts: 113
    edited November 2017
    Kotor2 was the only game by Obsidian that I played but did not like. I don't blame Obsidian for how it was developed though. I blame LucasArts for not putting forth enough time so it could be developed fully.

Modders did come together to create what Obsidian was not able to finish in kotor2 at the end. I will need to try that out.

Anyway, welcome.
    Aha, cheers.
    I'll be honest... I've not played much KOTOR 2, it's on my list however and I will go through it once I've done the first KOTOR (Which I'll start once I've at least finished BG2).