Skip to content

Mirror Image protects VS AOE

I thought that this had been fixed a long time ago, but I was playing today and noticed I am inmune to fireballs (and other AOE) with mirror image. Build 2.3.67.3

Comments

• argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,431
    edited October 2017
    The bug has indeed been fixed already. Mirror Image works as intended in BG1EE. However, it looks like in BG2EE the flag that forces effects to bypass Mirror Image has not been set in AoE spells. I don't know if this has been done intentionally or is just an oversight.
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
  • DarKelPDarKelP Member Posts: 183
    edited October 2017
    argent77 said:

The bug has indeed been fixed already. Mirror Image works as intended in BG1EE. However, it looks like in BG2EE the flag that forces effects to bypass Mirror Image has not been set in AoE spells. I don't know if this has been done intentionally or is just an oversight.

Are you sure? In BG1EE 2.3.67.3 with mirror image I am inmune to skull trap and wand of fire (Fireball from spellbooks in BG1EE seems OK, not in BG2EE).
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,431
    Skull Trap doesn't work for the same reason why BG2EE Fireball doesn't work. It seems AoE spells are very inconsistently flagged in BG1EE. E.g. Cloudkill appears to bypass Mirror Image while Death Fog does not.
    DarKelP
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    Cone of Cold, Skull Trap, Wand of Cloudkill, and Wand of Fire are missing the flag in BG1EE as well.
    Fireball and Cloudkill spells do have the flag set in BG1EE.

I think this just goes to show how few of use actually play an unmodded game.
    DarKelPGrond0[Deleted User]
  • DarKelPDarKelP Member Posts: 183
    kjeron said:

I think this just goes to show how few of use actually play an unmodded game.

But It is sad, BGEE was released five years ago, and these knwon bugs aren't fixed yet... and I think this is easy to fix, isn't it? I always had the hope BGEE was a perfect version with time.

Thank you to your mod I fixed the on-hit effects that bypass mirror image.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @DarKelP Never assume that any bug is easy to fix. Especially in the Infinity Engine. That thing is buggier than every Bethesda Game combined. Its frankly amazing they made the EEs as stable as they have. There are STILL bugs from the original release that haven't been fixed simply because they aren't easily replicatable. There is a "delightful" potential bug in the intro to BG2 where a quest critical npc refuses to spawn. It happens everytime you try to reload, but if you transfer your save to another game (say to bug support to get it fixed) then the bug won't occur. I've experienced it once in 15 years and have only seen it documented two other times on this forum. Stuff like this is weirdly pretty standard for the Infinity Engine. Its like some Pandora's Box of bugs.
    DarKelP