Skip to content

Announcer at Coast Way Crossing

foma_mgppufoma_mgppu Member Posts: 115
I accidentally killed the Black Pit announcer (Too much AOE). Is there any way I can bring him back other than by reloading? Or any way to get to Baeloth and M'Khiin? I'd be too awful if not.

Comments

• ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    Do you mean the guy who hands out the flyers? I am not sure you need him to get to the Pits, actually. Have you checked the place?
  • foma_mgppufoma_mgppu Member Posts: 115
    @Buttercheese Well, according to Lilura's walkthrough, it is that guy, who hands out the flyers, gets you there. At least, I've found no other way to get to Baeloth and M'Khiin scene.

"The announcer across the road will slip you a Black Pits flyer and direct you to the pit fighting arena to the north. Upon arrival a cutscene will fire showing Baeloth hosting a pit fight, one in which a rat takes on a squirrel. "

But if I come to that place on my own, there are only chickens fighting eachother...
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @foma_mgppu I can confirm that you don't need the announcer to access Baeloth and M'Khiin. Over my 3 playthroughs, I've only spoken to him once, and got both Bailoth and M'Khiin on all playthroughs.
    I even reloaded my save from the very start of chapter 8, and even that did not help. No Announcer, nor any of the hireable NPCS.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    edited November 2017
    The Black Pits flyer is not needed for that scene to trigger. The absence of Baeloth is either because he has been killed in BG1, or it's a bug (this should be fixed in the next patch, but it will require a brand new BG1 game to work).
    foma_mgppuThacoBell
    @ThacoBell What did you do prior to finding Bailoth and M'Khiin? Is there any prerequisites? Maybe it is due to me not completing The Black Pits, because I actually never did so? Could it be the reason? I am at a loss and are feeling a bit indignated.
    @JuliusBorisov Thanks!
    I think I killed him in BG1. Can't remember, though.

While searching for the answer, I foung this thread: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/31885/baeloth-does-not-appear

So, that explains it. While logically it is fine, I think it is such a DUMB idea to be blocking new content like that...

Is there no way that I can get my hands on M'Khiin, then? Maybe I can spawn her, somehow?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    @foma_mgppu

C:SetGlobal("SPRITE_IS_DEADBAELOTH","GLOBAL",0)

But it must be set before arriving in the area with Baeloth and M'khiin.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235

@ThacoBell What did you do prior to finding Bailoth and M'Khiin? Is there any prerequisites? Maybe it is due to me not completing The Black Pits, because I actually never did so? Could it be the reason? I am at a loss and are feeling a bit indignated.

The only prerequisite is that Baeloth is alive at the end of BG1 (recruiting or even meeting him not necessary, simply that he didn't die at some point and not be resurrected).
    edited November 2017

@foma_mgppu

C:SetGlobal("SPRITE_IS_DEADBAELOTH","GLOBAL",0)

But it must be set before arriving in the area with Baeloth and M'khiin.

Could you please help me get CLUA console to work, also?

I seem to do all as intended, i.e., I found the file "Baldur.lua" @ "C:\Users\%UserName%\Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition", then I insert this line "SetPrivateProfileString(‘Program Options’,’Debug Mode’,’1′)"", then I save and close the file, and once in game, I press ctrl+space to open console, but nothing happens...

Here is a link to my file, maybe you can tell me, what is wrong with it, or, perhaps, you can give me a working Balder.lua file.

https://cloud.mail.ru/public/EbNh/nhsPDWD35
    edited November 2017
    You should follow instructions in https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/61900/how-to-enable-the-console-in-bgee-sod-bg2ee-in-version-2-0-and-later to activate the console. If something is not working for you, check that thread.

Anyway, you can find the Baldur.lua file (with the debug mode enabled) here: https://beamdog.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/206729933-Windows-My-Game-Won-t-Launch-Or-Is-Crashing-On-Launch

If you can't enable the console in-game after you add the line to the file, then perhaps you're running the game that is not connected to the baldur.lua file you edit (for example, we've seen players editing the files for BG2 and then trying the console in BG1).
    @JuliusBorisov Thanks! Got it to work! Strangely enough, my Baldur.lua wouldn't save properly after editing... No matter now.
    JuliusBorisovThacoBell

Strangely enough, my Baldur.lua wouldn't save properly after editing.

Make sure this file is not Read-only and you don't edit it while you're running the game. Edit it only when the game is closed.