Skip to content

Copyright/IP issues

Most of the items I have made are from other intellectual properties, like Legend of Zelda and Final Fantasy. With those being copyrighted, would public distribution be allowed without consequences? The reason I'm asking is that over a decade ago, there was an Unreal Tournament website that was shut-down completely after someone made Marvel character models and Marvel was a wee bit upset about it. Or so the story goes.

Comments

• semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    You're not going to get in trouble for creating a Master Sword with an icon from LoZ and letting people download it for BG2. It's quite common for folks to create item mods featuring stuff from Lord of the Rings and so forth.
  • UlbUlb Member Posts: 295

You're not going to get in trouble for creating a Master Sword with an icon from LoZ and letting people download it for BG2. It's quite common for folks to create item mods featuring stuff from Lord of the Rings and so forth.

He won't get in trouble but he also won't be allowed to post his stuff here. If the mods spot it it should get removed. There are other popular BG modding sites though that are less strickt when it comes to that stuff.. :)
  • extremeragnarokextremeragnarok Member Posts: 23
    Ulb said:

He won't get in trouble but he also won't be allowed to post his stuff here. If the mods spot it it should get removed. There are other popular BG modding sites though that are less strickt when it comes to that stuff.. :)
    Exactly what I needed to know, Thanks.