Skip to content

[SoD] Caster Reset when I recruit them again.

I just started up SoD and went through the Prologue with the same party I went through BG:EE with, got to Neera my mage again that I used the entire game and she has reset. All her gear(which was all the mage stuff in BG, Evermemory, Neutral Arch-Magi Robe, that amulet that gives a Lvl 2 slot, also had that Lore cloak from the prologue) and all her spells that she learned gone...almost made me want to throw the game away lol. Was told by a developer to come here and post my bug.

I don't have any over-ride or mods in the game.

This contains 3 saves. Final Save of BG, Prologue Opening Save and then just my playthrough save.

Thanks, Igneous

Comments

• BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    Do you have a save just before entering the basement area where Neera is?
    JuliusBorisov
  • Igneous_AvesIgneous_Aves Member Posts: 41
    Balquo said:

Do you have a save just before entering the basement area where Neera is?

Like from the Teleport Circle outside it? Before I entered it the very first time?
    edited November 2017
    Yes. That should work.

Your save that you attached above already has Neera in the area. So it's impossible to correct it. Having a save before that area I'll be able to fix it so the correct Neera appears when you finally meet her.
    JuliusBorisovGate70
    Balquo said:

Yes. That should work.

Your save that you attached above already has Neera in the area. So it's impossible to correct it. Having a save before that area I'll be able to fix it so the correct Neera appears when you finally meet her.

Ah okay. Does it have to be before the first time she spawns in? Or can I simply just leave that map and save it and give you that save? I don't think I have a save from before I entered Bridgefort aside from the Chapter Save.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    It needs to be before she spawns. So never having entered Bridgefort.
    @Igneous_Aves

Actually managed to fix your current save. When you load it you will notice Neera is missing. Enter the following and the correct Neera will appear: C:SetGlobal("BD_NEERA","BD2100",0)
    Gate70JuliusBorisov
    Balquo said:

@Igneous_Aves

Actually managed to fix your current save. When you load it you will notice Neera is missing. Enter the following and the correct Neera will appear: C:SetGlobal("BD_NEERA","BD2100",0)

Haha, thanks. Will this cause any issue with her dialogue or quests there after? I don't think I had talked to her yet hoping some internal game magic would fix her.

I saved outside Bridgefort and then none of my other saves are from before entering aside from the Chapter Start. So here is those saves if they can perhaps help solve the bug for any future updates.
    You should be fine to continue playing with the save I edited. Neera will be fine.
    JuliusBorisov
    Balquo said:

You should be fine to continue playing with the save I edited. Neera will be fine.

Thanks again. A billion times, lol

I will have to turn on CLUA to get Neera to spawn won't I?
    edited November 2017

Balquo said:

Yes. This thread should help with that https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/61900/how-to-enable-the-console-in-bgee-sod-bg2ee-in-version-2-0-and-later
    Post edited by Balquo on
    JuliusBorisov
    Balquo said:

Balquo said:

Yes. This thread should help with that https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/61900/how-to-enable-the-console-in-bgee-sod-bg2ee-in-version-2-0-and-later
    Okay, thanks. I got a little experience with CLUA back in the day lol.

Everything is back, spawned her in and back on the trail to beating it haha. Thanks bunchs again!
    JuliusBorisovBalquo